New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Big Over Easy :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat regarding the new Jack Spratt investigation 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
"The News at Bed Time" BBC show with JF's ideas
Posted by: matti Moran (---.dip.t-dialin.net)
Date: December 25, 2009 02:08PM

I signed in to this forum to ask you all if you have heard Radio 4's "The News at Bedtime" and if so what do you think?. It kicks in with reports of Jacks genetic Beanstalk being reported by Mary Mary. It is very close - is J.F. involved with this? Has someone nicked his ideas or is it a case of unconscious synchronistic thought transfer?

Check it out on radio 4's website. I want to write a mail to them letting them know that we know about Jasper Fford.

Re: "The News at Bed Time" BBC show with JF's ideas
Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: December 27, 2009 08:47AM

Hi Matti,

welcome to Fforum. Jazz_Sue told us about this (in Nextian Chat), so I gave it a listen. For what it is worth, my opinion was that the concept was better than the execution, While I didn't think there was any connection with JF, other than both used nursery rhyme characters and themes, on hearing it, I am convinced that it is just coincidence. After all, we don't accuse Mr. Fforde of stealing from pantomime scripts, do we?

I am sure if he was involved, he would be credited - and it would have been snappier.

Join us in Nextian. There is a picnic and a panto is still being cast.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.