New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Big Over Easy :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat regarding the new Jack Spratt investigation 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Ten chapters missing
Posted by: EmmyScarlet (---.oc.oc.cox.net)
Date: October 10, 2009 05:47PM

Hi everyone. If someone's already posted about this, do forgive me.

I was reading my copy of "The Big Over Easy" this morning, and when I got to the end of page 260 (part of chapter thirty-one "Home Sweet Home) the text is cut-off midway, and the next page is, instead of 261, 325, and is the beginning of chapter 41 "Dr. Horatio Carbuncle." And as I skimmed through the rest of the pages, wondering if some of them got mixed up, I realized that chapters 41 through 44 are actually printed -twice-! Now, I know Mr. Fforde likes to have his fun with his books, what with the whole Chapter 13 business. But is this how my book is supposed to be, or is this a defective copy? I'd really like to know, so I know whether or not to keep reading, or if I need to find a new copy and return the one I have.

If anyone can help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

Re: Ten chapters missing
Posted by: PrinzHilde (---.dip.t-dialin.net)
Date: October 10, 2009 11:50PM

Hi Emmy, you really should have word with your book dealer. This is definitely not the way the book is supposed to be! While reading the showdown at Castle Spongg twice is something worth doing, you are missing out on a lot of other things - a red hering and a champion verruca, for example.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.