New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Big Over Easy :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat regarding the new Jack Spratt investigation 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
BOE reader
Posted by: Rog (---.byu.edu)
Date: July 11, 2005 06:40PM

I'm wondering if anyone knows who the reader is for the audiobook of the Big Over Easy? Amazon has the CD's on sale for $19.99 right now.

I fell in love with Thursday as read by Elizabeth Sastre in the first three books. The reading on Something Rotten by someone else was so terrible I havent' listened past the first CD. I'm waiting for the book right now (reading Jane Eyre while I wait).

So - if you know, please share the information.

Re: BOE reader
Posted by: Rog (---.byu.edu)
Date: July 11, 2005 10:10PM

Nevermind - found out it is Simon Prebble. He has narrated several books and even recieved a "Golden Voice" award for 2004 from Audio Editions.

I listened to a bit of his voice on "Hitler's Scientists..." on iTunes and he sounded pretty good. I just didn't want to be disappointed like I was with Something Rotten.

Posted by: Nicky (---.illinois.net)
Date: July 11, 2005 10:56PM

There's something to be said for reading the books.

Though, we did recently buy a copy of the TEA audiobook for a friend who is blind.

Post Edited (07-11-05 23:57)

Posted by: rog (---.geog.byu.edu)
Date: July 12, 2005 07:33PM

I don't dispute that. If I ever get some time I plan on reading these. I'm not blind, just short on time other than driving in a car (and I've found that reading while driving is somewhat difficult)

Posted by: Dibs_on_Nicky's_laptop (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: July 31, 2005 12:44AM

No, our friend doesn't need it when he's driving. Quite sensibly he isn't alowed a driving licence, but he can get a hunting licence. This alarms me.

Posted by: splat21 (---.range81-154.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 31, 2005 07:40PM

Whereas one of my near relations who is half blind listens to them in the car while driving. This alarms me too. Not to mention many of the local road users.

He doesn't have a hunting licence.

_ _ _ _ _

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.