New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Big Over Easy :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat regarding the new Jack Spratt investigation 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Waterstones, 18/7/05
Posted by: Bixx (---.range81-156.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 19, 2005 08:33AM

Brief report on last nights signing at Waterstones. Got in pretty early and bagged a sofa for me and the missus (I'm a big guy and the chairs looked a bit rickety). About seventy people attended.

Jasper 'went on' at around 7.00pm, did a nice talk about his kids, new parlouresque games for 2005 (I'm especially looking forward to trying barcode roulette), taked about the writing process and made several readings from TBOE, followed by a reasonably lengthy Q&A session. Some wag suggested the festival should have been called the Fford Fiesta (many laughs). I raised the movie question (again) to which JF remarked he 'knew directors' and that the Thursday series essentially wouldn't reach the screen, but TBOE might be better suited ('starring' Vin Diesel).

He also covered the whole getting published story as well. I knew the (rejection) backstory already, but the chance meeting (in New York) with someone who knew a literary agent was great to hear.

As my wife is an ex-Allegro owner (in that horrible green as well) he gave her lots of trivia about this fine, sorry awful, range of Leyland cars (ie did she know that aerodynamically it was better backwards than forwards?).

Enjoyed the evening immensely; he signed everything I had including my 25 year old world-travelled Snoopy bookmark (which indicates to all and sundry which book I'm on at the time), plus one of the boards I felched from Waterstones that they were using to promote the event.

Thanks to Waterstones and JF. £3.00 well spent. I have a few pictures that I'll post up to some free space later.

Re: Waterstones, 18/7/05
Posted by: Flo (155.192.33.---)
Date: July 19, 2005 09:45AM

Love it! Sounds like a fab night.

Auto Sig duly amended.

Forever Flo,

Fforde Ffiesta 2007
www.ffordeffiesta.com

Posted by: mebbeido (---.range86-132.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 19, 2005 02:04PM

Fforde Ffiesta! Love it!!!

------------
'Pompadour,' spat my mother. 'Living in sin with his pompadour.'

Posted by: pip (---.adsl6.freecom.net)
Date: July 21, 2005 12:49PM

I wish I'd been able to go seeing as it's my home town and all. Unfortunatly I had to go to a black tie party on a boat, the major drawback of that being that I couldn't arrive late. I sent my mum though, who said that Jasper was very nice and even signed my BOE with 'see you in september'. I feel like I missed out by not being there though.

Posted by: mebbe (---.range86-132.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 21, 2005 03:37PM

Which waterstones was that?

Posted by: Paul Gaff (217.154.228.---)
Date: July 25, 2005 01:57PM

It was Waterstones, Reading, Berkshire.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.