New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Big Over Easy :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat regarding the new Jack Spratt investigation 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Humpty spotting in Melbourne
Posted by: Anonymous User (203.14.46.---)
Date: July 26, 2005 08:25AM

I don't think this has been mentioned on the Fforum yet...

Here in Melbourne, Mr Dumpty is currently appearing in an advertising campaign.

[www.connexmelbourne.com.au]

I'm yet to lay my hands on a copy of TBOE, so I'll have to wait for others to make witty comments about the connexions...

Cheers,
Ricardo.

Re: Humpty spotting in Melbourne
Posted by: megs (---.prem.tmns.net.au)
Date: July 27, 2005 11:19AM

lol... gotta love those ads. I find I usually get sick of ads but with that one, i wish it was on more often. I still haven't read TBOE... it's consistently on loan from the library... (I'm from geelong, btw).

Posted by: AK (---.justice.vic.gov.au)
Date: August 05, 2005 03:10AM

yes of course --- that's where i've seen humpty lately! connex ads are getting better (but i still think yarra trams has the edge).

as to humpty-spotting in literature (and advertising) wasn't he in something by lewis carroll? can't think of any other references - i don't think angela carter goes into nursery rhymes, just fairy tales (although there's a bit of overlap between the two in the BOE). an enornous animated egg is very endearing somehow, and very british. like referring to someone as a "good egg".

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.wa.bigpond.net.au)
Date: January 18, 2006 02:02AM

He was in Carroll's Through the Looking Glass, I think...
Actually, when you google it, there are some pretty interesting (Read: odd) things... I rather liked “The Great Fall” of Authority by Rebecca Speer : p

----------------------------------------

Post Edited (01-18-06 03:03)

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.nsw.bigpond.net.au)
Date: March 16, 2006 03:54AM

hey fellow australians. i was just wondering does ne1 no when jasper's next book "the fourth bear" comes out in Australia?

Posted by: robert (---.syd.ops.aspac.uu.net)
Date: March 16, 2006 10:20PM

I would be guessing at about mid August. If you click Jasper's dot com at the bottom of the page and then 'Next Book' at the top of his site, you'll see that it's mid - late July in the UK and USA.
Amazon could probably deliver within a week to ten days and what you spend on postage you'll nearly save on GST.

Posted by: Zuki-pah (---.dyn.iinet.net.au)
Date: June 11, 2006 11:56AM

I found the Melbournian Humpty today, while I was actually looking for a different Humpty - but that's a story for another post...

Anyway here is a link to some more pics of the Melbourne Humpty (I personally find him looking quite pale, poor guy needs a holiday from all that advertising work I dare say).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.