New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Big Over Easy :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat regarding the new Jack Spratt investigation 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Signed copy at my library!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: MuseSusan (---.union.edu)
Date: October 09, 2005 02:43AM

Just wanted to express my absolute astonishment and near mindless excitement at the fact that my college library has just gotten a signed copy of TBOE!!!!! I glanced over at the new books shelves and of course it caught my eye, so I picked it up reverently (I already have it and have read it several times, but I had to admire it, of course!) and I noticed the little gold sticker on the front, proclaiming that it was a signed copy. So I frantically flipped through the first few pages until I found the page with his signature. The voices of angels sang in my head and I felt myself filling with a heavenly light-- okay, that's a bit much. But still! I'm happy!!!!

On a side note, the signature in that book is only Jasper's first name, which surprised me. I thought he usually signs his whole name? The signature looks just like the examples on this website, so I'd assume it's real, but it just seems strange that he would only sign his first name. Anyone have any idea?

Re: Signed copy at my library!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: tieff (---.246.138.0.tisdip.tiscali.de)
Date: October 09, 2005 09:33AM

y copy, signed in my unworthy presence, is also first-name only, and also includes an NCD "Evidence" stamp.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.