New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Big Over Easy :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat regarding the new Jack Spratt investigation 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Plot question [SPOILERS]
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.207-148-150-0.interbaun.com)
Date: April 22, 2006 04:44AM

Hi, I've just finished the book, and there's still one plot point that I don't quite understand.

Towards the end of the book, Jack deduces that the reason Grundy rejects Humpty's offer to sell his shares for ten million pounds is that Grundy knew Humpty would be dead in a few hours anyway. However, I'm not clear on why Humpty made the offer in the first place. Based on his outburst about providing fifty million pounds for St. Cerebellum's, he's got no intention of aborting the scheme, so why would he offer to sell the shares that are about to skyrocket in value? Is it just that he was stinking drunk, or have I missed something obvious?

Cheers,

Ben

Re: Plot question [SPOILERS]
Posted by: literaryloser (---.sktn.hsdb.sasknet.sk.ca)
Date: August 22, 2006 06:29AM

You make a good point, he had the whole plan with the giant foot...thing. So why would he try and sell them off? They would have turned out to be way more, unless he knew about Lola and Spongg and was pissed, I mean Humpty was married to Lola, so maybe he found out and tried to throw things under for them, I don't know ask Jasper lol

SpecOps-27 Wordage is our business Grammar is our game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.