New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Big Over Easy :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat regarding the new Jack Spratt investigation 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Crush
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.nas105.chicago3.il.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: July 20, 2006 09:19PM

Anyone else develop affection for Jack? I did. *blush*

Re: Crush
Posted by: ffquizgal05 (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: July 21, 2006 02:05PM

I kinda know what you mean. After all, I did post a while ago that I'd rather date Landen Parke-Laine than Brad Pitt!

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.nas106.chicago3.il.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: July 21, 2006 09:11PM

Oooh, yes! I love Landen too!

Posted by: pip (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: July 22, 2006 12:50PM

I'd rather date Landen than Brad Pitt. Landen doesn't have a history of leaving wives for confused brunette wannabe humanitarian-y people.

When shall we three meet again...

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.nas16.chicago3.il.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: July 23, 2006 09:54PM

Pssh, yeah, honestly.

Posted by: ffquizgal05 (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: July 25, 2006 07:38PM

I was thinking of Brad as shorthand for 'handsome alpha male-type'. I think I'd just seen 'Troy' when I posted about him v Landen.
I think Jack (Spratt) is very sweet- specially the conversations with his family, which made me laugh out loud.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.nas105.chicago3.il.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: July 25, 2006 08:17PM

Yea, I like when he was protective of Pandora, that's what really endeared me to him.

Posted by: literaryloser (---.sktn.hsdb.sasknet.sk.ca)
Date: August 22, 2006 06:18AM

The only catch is he's kind of old, but to be honest I liked him to, I think its the whole trench coat thing...always had a soft spot for a man in a trenchcoat (when there spies or something, not goths) Landan was pretty awesome I won't deny it, but he hardly showed up enough to cause me to have a crush on him, but Jack is definatly someone I could develope an attachment to, I just hope Jasper doesn't get bored of the series and kill him lol.

SpecOps-27 Wordage is our business Grammar is our game.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.nas16.chicago3.il.us.da.qwest.net)
Date: August 27, 2006 10:11PM

I know really, character death is so depressing especially if you get attached!

Posted by: literaryloser (---.sktn.hsdb.sasknet.sk.ca)
Date: August 28, 2006 05:25AM

I know in Something Rotten, I thought Thursday was done, I was crushed, of course I didn't have a crush on her but still it was aweful. I think Jasper couldn't possibly do that do his adoring fans..I love every character...but most definatly Jack and Landan lol.

SpecOps-27 Wordage is our business Grammar is our game.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.christverlag.de)
Date: August 18, 2008 11:57AM

Haven't been to the forum for ages. The last time the Nursery Crime books were still in the well of lost plots. Now I have to agree. I have developped a mighty crush on Jack. Never got along that well with Landen, but Jack... Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... Tall and ruggedly handsome, as Madeleine said in The Fourth Bear. And his dry humour is very sexy to me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.