New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Fourth Bear :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For posts regarding The Fourth Bear - WARNING: SPOILERZONE 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
US book sightings
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.frx.com)
Date: July 13, 2006 11:27PM

Just in case anyone is as crazy as me and can't wait till August to read the book, thought I would offer to sell mine - great condition - tiny bit of wear on the edges of the book cover from being carried around in my bag everywhere. Figured $20 plus shipping would be fair (as I would be buying another copy to get signed). Its the hardcover US version. Post if you are interested in getting it.

Also, noticed some selling on ebay and amazon so check those sights out (just pay attention to the shipping times before you buy).

Happy hunting and more importantly happy reading!!!!

Re: US book sightings
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.houston.res.rr.com)
Date: August 31, 2006 04:45AM

I'd always wondered if there were alterations done to the U.S. version to make it more amendable to the American version of English. (I'm from Texas myself.) I've had some real fun conversations with English speaking people from all over the world about colloquialisms etc.

I do have a signed version of this book, by the way, that I purchased from a wonderful indie bookstore here called Murder by the Book.

Amy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.