New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Fourth Bear :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For posts regarding The Fourth Bear - WARNING: SPOILERZONE 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Welcome to the Fourth Bear Forum
Posted by: panjandrum (---.manc.adsl.virgin.net)
Date: July 06, 2006 09:27AM

Hello.

This 4th bear forum is now up, and is for posts that might contain spoilers. I'm working on updates to my websites which should all be up and running by July 8th. Happy posting and I hope you like the new book..

Jasper Fforde

Re: Welcome to the Fourth Bear Forum
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.cpe.cableone.net)
Date: July 11, 2006 04:07PM

Thanks! I am very excited to receive this latest book.

The link with appearances on the website was very usefulThe Mystery Bookstore in LA promises to send me a copy - hopefully autographed - as soon as possible. It is hard to wait until August 10th or so including mail time! .

JF - Thanks for making me laugh so hard and for writing so well that your words lured my non book reading husband away from basketball playoffs.

As Always,
Debra

Posted by: quankanne (---.tyrd.static.cox-internet.com)
Date: August 30, 2006 09:32PM

just finished the book, and had fun reading excerpts to my (non-reader) husband, who laughed even harder than I ...

ya done good,
jo anne embleton
tyler, texas

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.houston.res.rr.com)
Date: August 31, 2006 04:56AM

I kept sharing pieces of the book with my 15 year old daughter. Now she is asking to read it too ...

Amy

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.bchsia.telus.net)
Date: September 30, 2006 09:35PM

By far I thought this was a fantastic book! I read the Eyre affair quite sometime ago and now I'm hooked on to what Jasper writes. It's amazing how he thinks of these things for his novels and now I'm trying to convince my friends to read it but they're so stubborn

Steph~

Posted by: Anonymous (162.119.64.---)
Date: October 01, 2006 10:50PM

Thanks for another great Mystery.. I love the characters in the Fourth Bear.. Especially - Inspector Jack Spratt & Srgt. Mary-MAry.. Looking forward to the next book soon... KEep em coming.. Also-- Got a little girl hooked to your mysteries in the Jack Spratt and Mary-MAry series... She doesn't like reading books whatsoever. This little girl reads the Thursday Next Seriesin the while...

Posted by: Barry Rogerson (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: October 20, 2006 07:40AM

I have just finished the "Fourth Bear",whilst quaffing a pint of Conwy Aleor two whilst glancing across the river towards Glan Conwy and occasionally watching the world sail by.

What a great read !

I was quite jealous of Spratt's car until it became the ultimate wreck. I was also envious of him visiting Ed and Ursula's cottage.

Having often told the tale of Goldilocks to my boys and my grandchildren I felt as if I knew the place well.

I'm looking forward to a new book now.

"The Fourth Blind Mouse" is an option for a title or "Mary's Monster Menagerie".

Whatever, keep them coming

Posted by: MuseSusan (---.union.edu)
Date: October 21, 2006 07:38PM

"Mary's Monster Menagerie"

Heh, I like that! Actually I believe the expected next title is "The Last Great Tortoise Race".

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.73-24.tampabay.res.rr.com)
Date: October 24, 2006 04:46AM

Hey, i dont know if Mr. Fforde (even though i call him Jasper to my friends) will ever read this, but maybe somebody else can help me...I visited him this summer at one of his book signings, and learned so much. I wrote about him in college essays, because as a high school senior, its that time of the year...endless applications and such...and i thought, hey, id like to know if somebody wrote about me in their college admissions essay! soo...my question is...where do i write to if i want to send him a letter?

Posted by: robcraine (83.218.26.---)
Date: October 24, 2006 10:16PM

I don't know about an actual physical address... I suppose you'd have to ask his Official Stalker about that. But if you click on 'panjandrum' somewhere at the top of this page, you might find an email address you can use...

Rob

------
That statement is either so deep it would take a lifetime to fully comprehend every particle of its meaning, or it is a load of absolute tosh. Which is it, I wonder?
Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.uniserve.ca)
Date: November 17, 2006 05:36AM

I just read the book, and thought it was amazing... nothing new there.
i havnt forummed for a while...im excited to here everyones thoughts on the new book!
just one question, maybe its my Northamericanness but iv never heard of the Punch's in a nursery rhyme...?
oh and one other thing... so with PDR's unless in there story/rhyme they dont die do they live forever in the world of Jack Spratt?

Posted by: MuseSusan (---.union.edu)
Date: November 17, 2006 05:56AM

Welcome back!

Punch and Judy aren't from a nursery rhyme--they're stock characters from popular theatre of way back when. Basically, they were a husband and wife who insulted each other and beat each other up (actually, I think Mr. Punch mostly beat Judy) and I think killed the baby and maybe the dog. This was comedy, by the way.

Posted by: PrinzHilde (---.dip0.t-ipconnect.de)
Date: November 17, 2006 10:59AM

Here is a historical account of a Punch and Judy puppetry show:

[www.punchandjudy.com]

Design #3609494995:
It's a newly-discovered breed of fish that keeps your teeth clean, tastes delicious and dissolves in water.
generated with The Prior-Art-O-Matic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.