New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Fourth Bear :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For posts regarding The Fourth Bear - WARNING: SPOILERZONE 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Pasadena ?
Posted by: PrincessP (---.dhcp.gldl.ca.charter.com)
Date: August 22, 2006 05:21AM

Is there a Pasadena in England, or is the explosion in the city near and dear to me: Pasadena, CA USA?
We have our share of explosions here - it is, afterall, the birthplace of US rocketry. Caltech also has a lab blow up from time to time. Plus the annual cannon blast.
----------

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. --- Edgar Allan Poe

Re: Pasadena ?
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.houston.res.rr.com)
Date: August 31, 2006 04:49AM

We have a Pasadena, Texas here right next to Houston. There's been explosions there too ... oil refineries you know. That's not answering your question though. I'd love to see the answer ...

Posted by: robert (---.syd.ops.aspac.uu.net)
Date: August 31, 2006 05:30AM

We don't have a Pasadena but we have a Texas in Queensland.

Posted by: Zuki-pah (---.nsw.bigpond.net.au)
Date: August 31, 2006 07:54AM

Yup, and it's so Australian that Lee Kernaghan sang a song about it:

...Texas QLD 4385
And it's home sweet home
Out on the border line
Well this is not the USA
We do things our own way
At Texas QLD 4385...

Gotta love Aussie country music...

Posted by: robert (---.nsw.bigpond.net.au)
Date: August 31, 2006 12:40PM

Ayuh. We all just fulla fun down heresaways.

Apart from the postcode book we also love to sing songs based on car manuals, hum excerpts from Ikea furniture assembly leaflets and rhyme the names of different brands of alkaline batteries during long trips across country. A musical nation are we!

Oh, and (back on the subject) I think the little old lady lives just up the road from me.

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: September 08, 2006 10:04AM

PrincessP Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is there a Pasadena in England,

As far as I can tell we don't have a city, town or village called Pasadena. At least it is not in my driving atlas, nor on my GPS unit.

Posted by: delacuesta (---.adsl.xs4all.nl)
Date: September 16, 2006 01:11PM

On the web (www.ci.pasadena.ca.us) of the City of Pasadena CA it says:

' The word Pasadena literally means "valley" in the Ojibwa (Chippewa) Indian language, but it has been interpreted to mean "Crown of the Valley" and "Key of the Valley," hence the adoption of both the crown and the key in the official city seal. '

So the name of Pasadena is hardly to be expected outside this specific zone of Northern America.

D.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.