New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Fourth Bear :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For posts regarding The Fourth Bear - WARNING: SPOILERZONE 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Links between QuangTech, Jack and Jill and the French Revolution
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.vic.bigpond.net.au)
Date: August 13, 2007 10:00AM

Hi everyone,
my name is Katherine. I am a year 12 student trying to construct a solo performance based on the character of DS Mary Mary from 'The Forth Bear'. An important part of this solo performance is discovering links between QuangTech, the nursery rhyme 'Jack and Jill' and the French Revolution. I know it sounds really random but there must be a link!! I would really appreciate some help!
Thanks,
Katherine :)

Re: Links between QuangTech, Jack and Jill and the French Revolution
Posted by: MuseSusan (---.dsl.irvnca.pacbell.net)
Date: August 14, 2007 06:33AM

Welcome! I'm sure if you search hard enough (and stretch the facts a bit) you'll find some connections; unfortunately my knowledge of those three is pretty limited. Seeing as how QuangTech is sort of the Goliath of the NCD series, I'm sure you could find some way they're connected to the French Revolution, even if they had to bring in time travel to do it!

We're a lot more active in the Nextian Chat section of the Fforum, by the way. Drop by there, introduce yourself, and try not to be too frightened!

Posted by: robcraine (---.mcb.net)
Date: August 16, 2007 07:14PM

Well... Jack and Jill -> French Revolution is a fairly well documented link... although probably a false one. The poem was first published 'Mother Goose's Melody' in the 1760s - Louis didn't get the chop until the end of the century.

Rob

------
That statement is either so deep it would take a lifetime to fully comprehend every particle of its meaning, or it is a load of absolute tosh. Which is it, I wonder?
Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.vic.bigpond.net.au)
Date: August 17, 2007 05:22AM

Ohh okay, that's interesting that the link may be a false one...I never really thought about that.
But do you have any idea how that link may tie into QuangTech?
Perhaps something about people in high up places, (e.g. Marie Antoinette or the guy who runs QuangTech, is it the Quanglewangle?) taking a fall, which would link it to Jack and Jill...
Any suggestion/ideas would be appreciated!
Katherine.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.sunsh7.vic.optusnet.com.au)
Date: August 31, 2007 01:24AM

hey katherine
im doing this solo for drama too
at the moment the only links that ive come up with is that marie antionette and king louis did a lot of reckless spending that sort of led to the fall of the monarchy, and quangtech do a lot of reckless spending (ie somme world and pointless research)
have you thought of any links yet

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.