New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

First Among Sequels :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat about the latest Thursday Next book - TN5 - WARNING - SPOILERS POSSIBLE 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Colin
Posted by: Planet Cool (---.elp.res.rr.com)
Date: August 16, 2008 01:50AM

I keep wondering... is Colin a famous literary cab driver?

Or was he just there to provide the online special features with a handy-dandy password?

Otherwise, the fact that he even has a name seems kind of out of place...

----

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die. -Mel Brooks

Re: Colin
Posted by: Julia (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: July 19, 2009 03:14PM

I don't know much about english litterature (which doesn't help to read all TN bokks), but considering Thursday seems to have growing difficulties to move inside the book World and considering the difficulties to get a cab there, I wouldn't be surprised that Colin becomes in the next books Thurday's official driver through the books.
hence the name and all the description...

Re: Colin
Posted by: trikky (84.9.237.---)
Date: July 28, 2009 03:18PM

I am really not sure, but there is an old UK TV programme called Dickson of Dock Green and there was a taxi driver in a few episodes of that played by a guy called Colin Rix.

This is probably not the reason, but you never know ;)

Rich

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.