New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

First Among Sequels :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat about the latest Thursday Next book - TN5 - WARNING - SPOILERS POSSIBLE 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Where is the Toast Marketig Board?
Posted by: Sangus (---.9.15.vie.surfer.at)
Date: January 22, 2009 10:50AM

When I read First Among Sequels an essential part of the Nextian real wolrd was missing: The Toast Mrketing Board. In the end of Something Rotten the Toast Marketing Board was the official sponsor of the ruling Commonsense Party and even a law to enforce toast-eating was passed, yet in First Among Sequels they weren't mentioned.
Anyone know what happened to them?

Re: Where is the Toast Marketig Board?
Posted by: SkidMarks (---.41.74.8.sub.mbb.three.co.uk)
Date: January 22, 2009 01:31PM

Perhaps they just weren't necessary for the plot?

If our glorious leader included everything from the earlier books in each subsequent book, we would quickly reach the point where we couldn't read them, because we couldn't lift them! (I agree with you, though, that the TMB are a vital part of the Nextian Universe and hope to see their return sometime in the future.)

Welcome, by the way. Pies and refreshments are available in Nextian Chat

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2009 01:32PM by SkidMarks.

Re: Where is the Toast Marketig Board?
Posted by: pickle_guy (---.wa.bigpond.net.au)
Date: March 08, 2009 09:59AM

I really enjoyed the oddness of The Toast Marketing Board but hadn't noticed its absence. Hopefully it'll be mentioned Next book!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.