New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

First Among Sequels :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat about the latest Thursday Next book - TN5 - WARNING - SPOILERS POSSIBLE 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Missing Travelbook
Posted by: trikky (84.9.237.---)
Date: July 28, 2009 03:08PM

Hi all,
Does anyone know why Bradshaw et al cant jump out to the Outland to give TN her travelbook back? They recovered it and so they know she can't jump, but they dont make an attempt to give it to her. In earlier books, Tiggy appeared in TN's kitchen as did the Emperor, so we know they can do it :)

Cheers,
Rich

Re: Missing Travelbook
Posted by: SkidMarks (---.41.133.53.sub.mbb.three.co.uk)
Date: July 28, 2009 03:25PM

Hi Trikky, I can't answer your question - it's an interesting one.

It is a long time since I read FAS, so I can't remember the circumstances. Do they know that it is her travelbook, for instance? Hopefully someone else will be along soon with an answer, or failing that, why not e-mail the man himself?

Posted by: trikky (84.9.237.---)
Date: July 29, 2009 12:14AM

Hey SkidMarks ;) Great name by the way :) I am pretty sure that they know its hers as one of them volunteers the info to TN that they have it.

I thought I was maybe missing something that others had not missed but if no-one blows me out the water, I will email JF :)

Cheers,
Rich

Posted by: MartinB (---.dynamic.isadsl.co.za)
Date: January 18, 2010 09:28PM

Having just reread it for the guide, they are being watched and most of them have been sent back to their books.

Them jumping out would make them PageRunners and subject to an erase-on-site order.

- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.