New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

First Among Sequels :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat about the latest Thursday Next book - TN5 - WARNING - SPOILERS POSSIBLE 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Have just finished it!
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.range81-159.btcentralplus.com)
Date: October 25, 2007 11:01AM

Well, I thought it was a great read, I really enjoyed it, and I thought it was comparable to the other TN books. I liked the loose threads - it's pretty obvious it's a narrative arc that is going to lead somewhere in the next volumes. TBH I'm quite excited about TN meeting Sherlock Holmes, I bet that is going to happen...has she met him before I can't remember?

Re: Have just finished it!
Posted by: bunyip (---.as1.adl6.internode.on.net)
Date: March 30, 2008 05:46AM

I had similar feelings, but thought back to other series stories.

For instance I felt the second last Harry Potter story was less than the first few, but afterwards thought it was a 'housekeeping' story where the plot moved along but its main purpose was to assemble the story elements to make for a stronger/more powerful next story. With HP that was the case as it was supposed to end at that point so it worked.

Setting up a number of unresolved sub plots could be a way of leaving doors open to escape from restrictive situations.

Let's hope it doesn't end up like Hancock's 'The Last Page'.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.