New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

First Among Sequels :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat about the latest Thursday Next book - TN5 - WARNING - SPOILERS POSSIBLE 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Life imitating Art......or a cunning last minute edit? ***SPOILER WARNING - IF YOU AIN'T READ THE BOOK, DON'T READ THIS!***
Posted by: xmorpheus (193.95.170.---)
Date: July 09, 2007 08:57AM

So I have to know - and I'm sure someone round here knows the answer.

Samaritan Kidney Swap.

Was that in the manuscript before the whole Dutch reality show thing (story here for those of you not familiar with it [uk.reuters.com] )

Was this in the story originally or did it sneak in after the original news story on this one?

Enquiring minds need to know!!!!!!! :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2007 08:58AM by xmorpheus.

Re: Life imitating Art......or a cunning last minute edit? ***SPOILER WARNING - IF YOU AIN'T READ THE BOOK, DON'T READ THIS!***
Posted by: ibborobb (194.203.72.---)
Date: July 09, 2007 12:31PM

Xmorph - I wondered this too - check out the special features section - Jasper answers this question.

Re: Life imitating Art......or a cunning last minute edit? ***SPOILER WARNING - IF YOU AIN'T READ THE BOOK, DON'T READ THIS!***
Date: July 09, 2007 03:48PM

ahhhhhhhhh!!!!

Date: July 09, 2007 04:25PM

actually that's kind of scary!

Posted by: delacuesta (---.adsl.xs4all.nl)
Date: July 09, 2007 08:00PM

Amazing. The Samaritan Kidney Swap reminded me immediately of Monty Python's Live Liver Transplant... the Dutch TV show never occurred to me (even if I live there...)

Posted by: HouseInTheWoods (81.102.13.---)
Date: July 12, 2007 02:34PM

I did wonder about the kidney swap, and then saw these two stories in the news this week:

Humpty Dumpty Falls From Favour
[www.timesonline.co.uk]

Turning Pages: Why Britons are reading more than ever before
[news.bbc.co.uk]

Both articles missed the point. The first obviously is due to the nursery characters going on strike and the second to Thursday's efforts in First Among Sequels.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.