New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

First Among Sequels :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat about the latest Thursday Next book - TN5 - WARNING - SPOILERS POSSIBLE 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Weird Reality Shows (no spoilers)
Posted by: plockplock (---.dsl.klmzmi.ameritech.net)
Date: July 20, 2007 03:07PM

Here in the US, I just finished reading my British Editon (thank you, amazon.uk!) and I thought I'd add some of my own (fake) reality show titles to the ones in the book (therefore no spoilers):

So You Think You Can Swim?
Last Comic Breathing
Are You Smarter Than A Cheese Grater?

Re: Weird Reality Shows (no spoilers)
Posted by: MuseSusan (---.union.edu)
Date: July 20, 2007 03:55PM

Celebrity Unsolvable Math Challenge! (This week: who will be the first to square the circle using only a straightedge and compass? Tune in to see who fails and who moves on to our Grand Finale: finding an integer solution to a^n + b^n = c^n for n>2 !)
(Well, I'd watch it, anyway…)

Posted by: RookeeAlding (68.208.65.---)
Date: July 20, 2007 07:38PM

who's in more debt! : a show where contestest have one week to rack up the most debt and whoever wins get's all their bills payed off...(I feel sorry for the loser)

Posted by: LeonardQuirm (---.adsl.entanet.co.uk)
Date: July 22, 2007 10:39AM

Well, MuseSusan, Tuesday's already managed to complete the Grand Finale...I think the Grand Finale should actually be "Prove that our entire structure of Maths is consistent". Far more epic - and useful!

Posted by: MuseSusan (---.union.edu)
Date: July 22, 2007 04:59PM

I like that better, actually. And yes, my suggestion was inspired by Tuesday (can you guess who my favorite minor character is?)

Problem is, that kind of show would be too good for proper Reality TV.

Posted by: mr puniverse (---.meb2.vic.optusnet.com.au)
Date: September 12, 2007 02:34PM

Australian Idle
Who is the lazyist lay back aussie you vote for the person u think is the biggest bludger..only prob is that the winner should be the one who didn't get his mates or anyone to vote for him cos he couldn't be stuffed

Celebrity Death Bet... Viewers bet on which celebrity will die next prize money goes up in value depending on age meaning celebs at old age not worth as much. short price favorites odds for Lindsay Lohan Paris Hilton cos that's just too easy.

A Kit Kat is a Biscuit

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.range81-159.btcentralplus.com)
Date: October 25, 2007 10:57AM

Didn't the kidney one actually happen in Holland or something (it was a joke by Endemol and the Dutch goverment to highlight the problems of lack of donors for transplants?).

Posted by: Anonymous User (89.240.200.---)
Date: December 09, 2007 06:48PM

The only reality show I'll ever consider watching:

Find That Crumb!!

- heathie

Posted by: bunyip (---.as1.adl6.internode.on.net)
Date: March 30, 2008 05:40AM

I dunno.

I'd watch some program where the religious representative of your choice proves that the god of their choice actually exists in the form that they claim and said god actually confirms the dogma.

Either that or 'ask a politican for 10 straight answers'.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.