New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at) with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

First Among Sequels : The fastest message board... ever.
For chat about the latest Thursday Next book - TN5 - WARNING - SPOILERS POSSIBLE 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Anonymous User (
Date: July 27, 2007 12:35AM

The word "ballocks" turns up several times in the US version of FAS. I was under the impression the term was "bollocks". Is this the result of a collision between an Amerocentric editor and an automatic spellcheck, or is it legitimate UK slang?

Re: Ballocks?
Posted by: Antgeth (
Date: July 27, 2007 07:10AM

i believe it is an alternate spelling of bollocks...

let me check...

there ya go

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.