New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

First Among Sequels :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat about the latest Thursday Next book - TN5 - WARNING - SPOILERS POSSIBLE 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
ITunes Audio Book
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: November 21, 2007 02:17AM

Downloaded the book and well the story took a very (for TN story anyway) twist.
The 3rd file is 2 hours but in the middle it starts over and then at the end of the file jumps into the story at some point.
Not having the hard copy means I really don't know if parts are missing.
It took some time to find the troubled area.
In short at 1:02:44 it repeats until 1:52:38.
Apple was no help at all and kept saying I had a bad download. ??????
How would a download put a repeat of an hour in...????

Re: ITunes Audio Book
Posted by: robert (61.88.131.---)
Date: November 21, 2007 03:52AM

mmm.
Sounds like a time termite to me.
Little beggars chew a hole in the computer's internal clock and throw it into a loop. You're lucky it was only one - they have a very short life span, but a breeding pair would mean you'd still be downloading the same sector.

*** Specific book threads like this one are only active for a short while - usually when the books are first released. If you go to the main board and click on 'Nextian Chat' you'll find most of the people who hang out on this fforum and a lot more activity. Some might be interested to hear your word of warning about the download.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.