New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

First Among Sequels :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat about the latest Thursday Next book - TN5 - WARNING - SPOILERS POSSIBLE 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
The missing Ch. 13
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.vc.shawcable.net)
Date: November 25, 2007 09:18PM

In my Hodder edition of TN5, the table of contents clearly lists "Ch. 13 Cross Lewis' Number" on page 120. I've finished the book and still haven't figured out whether the missing ch. 13 is intentional.

Insights, anyone?

"But the sadness drapes heavily on my countenance!"

Re: The missing Ch. 13
Posted by: PrinzHilde (---.dip0.t-ipconnect.de)
Date: November 25, 2007 11:29PM

Welcome sophyz!

A cursory look through older posts reveals at least six threads that ask the same question:
[www.jasperfforde.com]
[www.jasperfforde.com]
[www.jasperfforde.com]
[www.jasperfforde.com]
[www.jasperfforde.com]
[www.jasperfforde.com]

...should be an answer in itself, isn't it?

If you'd like to meet some other Fforde ffans, feel free to come on over to Nextian Chat, where most of us hang out. We have pies (more varieties than anyone could discern), chocolate (but those who have some won't share it), tea, and Battenberg cake (for the unsuspecting).

Re: The missing Ch. 13
Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.104.---)
Date: August 11, 2008 01:00PM

Nothing wrong with the chapter 13s in my books. Some of his best work, I think. Especially the bit about the dinosaurs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.