New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Last Dragonslayer :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For chat about Jennifer Strange and the strange goings-on in the Ununited Kingdoms 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
The Last Dragonslayer - out now
Posted by: admin (Moderator)
Date: November 17, 2010 12:30AM

The Last Dragonslayer was published on the 5th November. If anyone has read it and wants to post here, please do so.

Jasper

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2010 12:34AM by admin.

Re: The Last Dragonslayer - out now
Posted by: Planet Cool (---.utep.edu)
Date: November 17, 2010 07:38PM

We don't have it here in the US yet, Jasper... what's the holdup? ;)

Posted by: MuseSusan (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: November 18, 2010 03:48AM

Agreed!

Although I'm fairly tempted to order it from Amazon.uk anyway. It'll cost me a bit more, but it will be worth it.

Posted by: admin (Moderator)
Date: November 18, 2010 11:11PM

This from my 'what's new' page:

Stop those emails right now! The Last Dragonslayer will be available in North America. As of last week, I've agreed a deal with publishers Houghton Mifflin Harcourt to distribute TLDS in the States. Naturally all of us here at Fforde Towers are delighted with the arrangement.

This was their press release:

"...Harcourt Children's Books, an imprint of the Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Children's Book Group, has acquired U.S. rights to The Last Dragonslayer and two other titles in a new middle-grade fantasy series by Jasper Fforde. Fforde is best known for The Eyre Affair and other books in his ongoing series of clever mystery novels starring crime-fighter Thursday Next.

In The Last Dragonslayer, Fforde's first foray into children's books, fifteen-year-old Jennifer Strange runs Kazam!, an employment agency that finds work for soothsayers and sorcerers. But magical work is drying up and even magic carpets are reduced to delivering pizza. So when signs start to predict the death of the world's last dragon by an unknown dragonslayer, it falls to Jennifer to take up the sword. Full of surprises, The Last Dragonslayer is classic storytelling blended with Fforde's crackling contemporary wit..."

But I said North America, didn't I? And geographically speaking this also includes Canada, so we are delighted to also announce that HarperCollins will have exclusive publication rights in Canada. More publication dates and details as I know them.

-Jasper

Posted by: MuseSusan (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: November 19, 2010 12:02AM

Hooray!

Posted by: annie (164.53.222.---)
Date: December 14, 2010 11:26PM

Just finished it!!!
Brilliant, awesome, amazing (I need some of Mycroft's bookworms to help here!)

I love having on my iPhone. for non-UnUK residents, the map is particularly helpful..

Now I can't wait for TN6.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2010 11:27PM by annie.

Posted by: zaphod (71.167.153.---)
Date: April 06, 2011 03:35AM

Its nice that TLD is available here in the US (though Amazon currently lists it as temporarily out of stock), but will it be available in the US on Kindle?

Posted by: SkidMarks (62.6.182.---)
Date: April 06, 2011 11:58AM

Hi Zaphod,

I can't answer the U.S. Kindle question - not being in the U.S. or party to JFf's marketing plans, but if any of his other books are listed, then you are in with a chance!

I see that you have already found Nextian, so have fun and pies.

Posted by: steeljam (---.range86-166.btcentralplus.com)
Date: September 18, 2011 09:42PM

I am puzzled.
I bought the last Dragonslayer book in November 2011.
Now I am being told there is a second Dragonslayer book that will be the last one.
I thought the first one was the last one.

Will Jasper be doing a signing tour?

-----------------------------------------
Joint winner Colouring Competition 2007
and outright winner of the 3 time winner of the Ffestival Dodo Feeding competition.
Fforde Ffiesta Ffotos are here - [www.flickr.com]

Posted by: bunyip (---.plain.net.au)
Date: February 22, 2012 03:32AM

dragons are quantum! You never can tell which is the last one!

I question the words 'middle grade'. If one rates books by readability then Dragonslayer is up with the best. And all fiction is fantasy.

Try reading Joyce or patrick white or even 'The thorn birds' and see if they are as reqadable.

Edited much later: if they are not 'reqadable' they probably won't be readable either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2012 05:09AM by bunyip.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.