New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

One of Our Thursdays is Missing :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
Forum for chat regarding the sixth in the Thursday Next series 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Croquet match in Well of Lost Plots??
Posted by: TheMadBlonde (---.mpls.qwest.net)
Date: November 10, 2013 04:05AM

Being both pedantic & tardy with this one (& yes it IS actually about OoOTIM):
On p 38 of the US hardcover edition, about 6 paragraphs down, it reads:

I sighed at my own foolishness, then walked into the book and found Carmine about to play the croquet match in The Well of Lost Plots.

IS there a croquet match in WoLP? Shouldn't that be from _Something Rotten_? I'm only just getting around to my book upgrade for OoOTIM (yes, I do the whole procedure; I've got the earthing dictionary in my lap right now & am looking at the postcard I forgot to put back in the book after I removed it), & I didn't see it mentioned there. Am I forgetting something? If not, any way to get the upgrade upgraded after all this time? Thanks!

Re: Croquet match in Well of Lost Plots??
Posted by: delacuesta (---.adsl.xs4all.nl)
Date: November 16, 2013 10:34AM

Welcome. There is a variety of pastry - pies mainly - to be had in the Nextian Chat forum where most of us have taken refuge during the great hiatuses of lately.

Actually there is a Croquet Match in The Well of Lost Plots, although brief and by-the-way: Chapter 15.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2013 10:35AM by delacuesta.

Re: Croquet match in Well of Lost Plots??
Posted by: TheMadBlonde (---.faegre.com)
Date: November 18, 2013 04:07PM

Oh good, thanks for letting me know! I'll go refresh my memory.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.