New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Shades of Grey :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For threads regarding part one in this new series. 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Natural or Fake
Posted by: Bickaxe (IP Logged)
Date: February 28, 2011 11:33AM

How come the good citizens can see synthetic colour but not natural colour.
If they are a Yellow, then they can only see the yellow part of real green grass, but they can see green if the grass is fake. Can anyone explain this or did I miss it somewhere?

I presume it has something to do with the collecting of items that have colour in them.

Re: Natural or Fake
Posted by: The Oldffields (IP Logged)
Date: March 01, 2011 02:34PM

I don't think it's explained anywhere in the book. I think I'd tend to go with the assumption that univisual colour is expensive/rare and so is used very sparingly.

Posted by: trixbrix (IP Logged)
Date: March 22, 2011 03:57PM

This is the first book by this author I have been able to buy. I am enjoying it although I do not understand whether the characters are humans in the future and how far in the future or whether or not they are a mix of human and robots or are they robots.

Posted by: Bickaxe (IP Logged)
Date: March 25, 2011 05:58AM

I would say humans and about....800 years into the future, well after The Something That Happened.

Can't say anymore in case I spoil things

Posted by: bunyip (IP Logged)
Date: April 11, 2012 05:17AM

I must admit to wanting the next books in the series to be issued as the first story leaves a number of little unanswered niggles.

Like Why? and How?

How wide spread is it? Does it extend to the Continent?

Are there any answers to these types of questions?

Posted by: yumsternola (IP Logged)
Date: August 21, 2013 09:38PM

Jumping in here a year late...Anybody out there?

I really enjoyed Shades of Grey, but I also have questions, and I felt like it really picked up a head of steam at the end, and then - it ended. Sure would like to see more of Eddie and Jane. :)

Posted by: SkidMarks (IP Logged)
Date: August 22, 2013 10:21AM

Hi yumsternola.

These Fforums tend to be quiet except when a new book is released (and a bunch of us are about to go and badger JFf for the next one at the Ffiesta). If there is any news about the Shades of Grey book 2, we will get it posted on our return.

Most activity takes place in Nextian chat. Drop in and help your self to pies, cakes and drinks. watch out for pointy sticks and Speckles.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.