New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Shades of Grey :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
For threads regarding part one in this new series. 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Disturbing logo association
Posted by: Dodosphere (IP Logged)
Date: June 25, 2013 02:46PM

I apologise for the content of my first post but I found a rather unusual use of Jasper's SOG logo at [bit.ly] Please be aware the content of the forum posts there are somewhat 'adult'in their content. I hadn't realised East Carmine had a baseball team...

Re: Disturbing logo association
Posted by: SkidMarks (IP Logged)
Date: June 25, 2013 06:56PM

Hi Martin.

Pies and cakes are available at the treehouse in Nextian, if you are interested.

I am not sure if rounders/baseball is mentioned anywhere in SOG. I can't imagine it replacing croquet as a mass-audience bat 'n ball game.

I hope you don't mind me providing an expansion of the short link, but I tend towards paranoia about short links.

This one expands to
"http://www.ballparkguys.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=357342"

Copy the bit between the quotes and paste into your browser of choice and be mindful of the adult content warning!

Posted by: Dodosphere (IP Logged)
Date: June 25, 2013 07:37PM

Thank you most kindly for the light refreshments. I'm actually blessed in having a fine pie maker as a friend (Burbush's, Penrith ~ shameless plug) but never refuse genuine hospitality when proffered. Thanks too for expanding the link. I deliberately shortened it, (something I've found myself doing more and more as the years go by) but do appreciate your suspicion of such things.

Anyway, fascinating the way Mifter Fforde appears to be permeating other cultures and I do hope the croquet association have taken note.

See you in the treehouse.

Best wishes.

Posted by: SkidMarks (IP Logged)
Date: June 25, 2013 08:44PM

No worries.

Unfortunately, my job leads me to many "grey" areas and Libyan urls set off alarm bells!

(Good find, by the way.)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.