New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Lost in a Good Book :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
Separate forum for discussions relating to this particular book. 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Upgrade Question in US Edition
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.west.biz.rr.com)
Date: October 30, 2007 08:29PM

The Upgrade Center says "6: Go to page 150 and change 'Sydney' to 'Tokyo' in the sentence: '..then to New York, DeepDrop to Sydney and finally another overmantle to Auckland.' As we find out on the following pages, Thursday drops from London to Sydney; the New York DeepDrop only goes to Tokyo."

The page 150 I have has Thursday, Landen and Hades Acheron having tea in Thursday's memories. Where is the correction above supposed to go? I couldn't find it in the book.

If it makes any difference in editions, this correction is already made by the publisher in the one I have: Go to page 310 and where it says: "so I could have brought in a fleet of Harrier jump jets and the entire Ringling brother's circus and no-one would be any the wiser"

replace with:

"so I could have brought in a squadron of Hurricanes and the entire Ringling brother's circus and no-one would be any the wiser".

Re: Upgrade Question in US Edition
Posted by: MuseSusan (---.union.edu)
Date: October 30, 2007 11:25PM

Hmmm…do you know if the edition you have is the same one on the upgrade page? It's been a few years since the upgrade page for LIAGB came out, so the publisher may have put out a new addition with all the corrections made by now.

Come over to Nextian Chat and introduce yourself! There may be offers of cake!

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: November 03, 2007 06:00PM

Hi SeaJei, Welcome.

As MS has already invited you to Nextian, I will be there with pies. If you get there before me, just help yourself.

It does sound as if the publisher has done the work for you. So that's a bonus!!

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

My computer beat me at chess, but I won at kickboxing

Posted by: Nicky (---.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net)
Date: November 05, 2007 01:24AM

I think I have the same edition as you, seajei. The correction is on page 163, when Thursday is explaining the Gravitube system to Snell.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.