New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Lost in a Good Book :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
Separate forum for discussions relating to this particular book. 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Landen
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.adnc.net)
Date: April 12, 2004 12:51AM

I read the Eyre Affair a few months ago and ran right out and bought Lost in a Good Book. Unfortunately, I found out that Landen is eradicated and is not in the book. He is my favorite character besides Thursday and the vampire Special Ops guy and now I have had trouble picking up the book and reading it. Will I still like the book if he is not in it is my question. Am I nuts, be nice this is my first post.

Re: Landen
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: April 12, 2004 06:33PM

hiya lattedah! You're not nuts! (perhaps a little mad, but most of Jasper's ffans are, hehehe)

But see, you HAVE to read it because, although he may not be in LIAGB, perhaps he'll show up in subsequent books...you know there are currently 5 planned. Do you really think Jasper would leave a great plot thread unravelled?

(Besides, he'd probably have a riot on his hands if he didn't bring Landen back at some point! It'd be worse than the Pro-Caths!! - which you'll understand when you get to book 3!)

Posted by: Simon (---.westsussex.gov.uk)
Date: April 13, 2004 02:51PM

Welcome to the fforum, lattedah2002.

"Logic is like Fire, a good servant but a bad master."

Posted by: LeonardQuirm (---.adsl.entanet.co.uk)
Date: April 14, 2004 01:42PM

And, hoping I don't spoil anything much, Landen is in bits of LiaGB.

----

Well, because it is submersed in a marine environment, I've always called it the Going-Under-The-Water-Safely-Device.

Posted by: splat21 (---.range81-154.btcentralplus.com)
Date: June 20, 2004 04:49PM

Sure, read it, it's still good and it'll make book 4 more fun when you get to it.

_ _ _ _ _

If the English language made any sense, a catastrophe would be an apostrophe with fur.

Posted by: Anonymous User (193.173.33.---)
Date: June 27, 2004 11:38AM

Landen isn't really gone, to my mind or in fact to Thursday's. In fact, since you mention him at all, he's still there, isn't he?

Posted by: Loopy Lou (---.104.client.e-access.com.au)
Date: July 29, 2004 07:23AM

He does come back eventually, but I won't mention which one to spoil it for everyone.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.halfenltd.adsl.gxn.net)
Date: February 15, 2005 01:03PM

Landen is actually bidding for the 2012 Olympics as we speak!

Posted by: robcraine (---.mcb.net)
Date: February 15, 2005 09:20PM

And I suppose Lou Tonne will be very busy if Landen's bid succeeds.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.uniserve.ca)
Date: May 07, 2006 08:07AM

your not nuts. it took me awhile to get over landens existence problem too. youll love the book and if you dont read it youll regret it. or if you wish read the fourth book first to console yourself. he comes back dont worry. but once you start it youll be so caught up in thursdays adventures you wont really have time to worry about Libden, i mean landen.lattedah2002 wrote:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.