New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Lost in a Good Book :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
Separate forum for discussions relating to this particular book. 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Mistake or delusion?
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.btr.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 08, 2004 06:39AM

Just like to start off by saying Hello, I'm new. (Standing awkwardly in the corner by myself)

Now that that's out of the way I was updating my books in preperation for Something Rotten and I found a mistake in my book (American Edition). I'm not even sure that this information goes here but i wasn't sure where else to put it. It says on the website that on page 255 Spike is refered to as being in SO-27 and to change it to SO-17 but in my book on that page it is all ready SO-17, however on page 272 when Thursday is explaining to Flanker that she wasn't moonlighting she was working on official buisness it says, "It was Stoker at SO-27," I just thought i should point that out.

Re: Mistake or delusion?
Posted by: Simon (---.westsussex.gov.uk)
Date: July 12, 2004 02:15PM

Hello yourself, and welcome to the fforum: Here's some [virtual] chocolate cake...

I've only seen the British editions, so I can't really comment about the discrepancy that you found.

"Logic, Fire, Ice-cream, Chihuahuas: Pick any two."

Posted by: SLIGHTCAP (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: July 12, 2004 02:45PM

It's there in the US version, and I think it's been updated, but I'm not sure. I changed it in mine anyways.

Posted by: Loopy Lou (---.104.client.e-access.com.au)
Date: July 29, 2004 07:24AM

Hello and welcome. Same as Simon, I've only seen the British editions so therefore no comment.

Posted by: Nicky (---.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net)
Date: July 29, 2004 01:44PM

It must have been corrected in later editions on pages 254 and 255 but 272 got skipped. All three are incorrect in the first American edition which I have.

Probably worth an email to Jasper. He was looking for things like this a few months ago.

Post Edited (07-29-04 14:51)

Posted by: Anonymous User (38.115.9.---)
Date: December 03, 2004 04:57AM

Wasn't SO-27 the literatecs?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.