New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Lost in a Good Book :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
Separate forum for discussions relating to this particular book. 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Mistake in Chapter 34???
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.owngsm01.md.comcast.net)
Date: July 27, 2004 01:02AM

Alright, so I am quite new to this forum and I am not really sure that I am blogging in the right place here....I apologize if this is not the correct locale for such an inquiry.

In the American version of LIAGB, Chapter 34, page 398.
Mary is describing Thursday's new home aboard the flying boat. Mary comments that the boat was "built in 1943 but last flew in '54."

Now...jump ahead to TWOLP (American version) Chapter 1, page 4.
Most of this chapter is a recant of the ending of LIAGB for those that needed a brief refresher. However, at the bottom of page 4, Mary is describing the flying boat to Thursday with this to say: "built in 1943 but last flew in '68."

All other descriptions are exactly the same. The 'last flew in' years is the only discepancy that I can put my finger on. Curious and curiouser.

Re: Mistake in Chapter 34???
Posted by: Simon (---.westsussex.gov.uk)
Date: July 30, 2004 04:19PM

Welcome.
There's a [very] short thread titled "who is Mary?" in the 'Well of Lost Plots' section of the fforum that already discusses this point.

"Customers are advised that this product may
contain meat from re-engineered species."

Re: Mistake in Chapter 34???
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.owngsm01.md.comcast.net)
Date: August 11, 2004 04:51AM

Thanks so much!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.