New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Lost in a Good Book :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
Separate forum for discussions relating to this particular book. 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Juust finished LIAGB and wanted a general chat regarding it's imense fabulosity
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: September 09, 2004 07:33PM

I didn't think it was possible for a book to exceed its predecessor in terms of enjoyability, but Lost In A Good Book just about clinched it. :) I'll be rushing out first thing tomorrow to get me a copy of The Well Of Lost Plots.
I owe my knowledge of Jasper Fforde to a friend, whom without his help i would never have even discovered the Thursday Next series-truely great stuff!
Just one querie though...don't tell me if all is revealed in the next book, but is Chapter 13 always missing for a reason?
Thankee. :)

Re: Juust finished LIAGB and wanted a general chat regarding it's imense fabulos
Posted by: SLIGHTCAP (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: September 10, 2004 12:20AM

We are sure there is a reason for no Ch13 , we just don;t know what it is.

Re: Juust finished LIAGB and wanted a general chat regarding it's imense fabulosity
Posted by: Haylo (---.range81-132.btcentralplus.com)
Date: December 31, 2004 01:41PM

Hmmmm, don't know about you lot, but I can just see a spin-off book world of chapter 13's with all slightly-skewiff characters, and a really evil baddie who's just bent out of shape cos he first appeared in a 13th chapter and so was condemned to lead a life in a lack hole universe of 13th-chapter baddies. I think I might call it 13. Best go write it now before Jasper nicks my idea...

13!!!

Re: Juust finished LIAGB and wanted a general chat regarding it's imense fabulos
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.bmts.com)
Date: January 04, 2005 02:07AM

Dear Johanna,

Chapter 13 isn't missing; it's disguised as Chapter 14. And Ch 14 is similarly disguised as Ch 15, and so on. It's always the last chapter that's missing. If you look closely you'll see what I mean.
I just read my first two Ffords this past weekend, and to my delight they were the first two published, but I am coming to them embarrassingly late. However, as they say in my country, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it put on a bathing suit." Cheers.

Re: Juust finished LIAGB and wanted a general chat regarding it's imense fabulosity
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.halfenltd.adsl.gxn.net)
Date: February 15, 2005 12:59PM

This was my first experience of Monsieur FForde, my mum picked it up in a charity shop.

Needless to say, I have now read The Ayre Affair, and The Well of Lost Plots, and am making my way through Something Rotten.

Looking forward to summertime!!

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.range81-153.btcentralplus.com)
Date: February 18, 2005 12:11PM

I am also a Johnny-come-lately to the world of Thursday Next, but having read TN1 and 2 back-to-back for the first time last week I have to confess my undying love. PHAB!

Posted by: Puck (---.sfldmidn.dynamic.covad.net)
Date: October 24, 2005 08:00AM

Warren Peas -- Love your screenname!

-------------------------
Metaphors be with you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.