New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Lost in a Good Book :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
Separate forum for discussions relating to this particular book. 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
WWJD? What Would Jasper Do?
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.UA-camp-farms.arizona.edu)
Date: January 04, 2005 09:21PM

I am finding myself greatly tempted to "defile" a library copy of LIAGB. Should I do it and enlighten all further readers or should I not, since technically it is not my property? If I do I am planning on putting the official upgrade sticker. But I don't know. I keep asking myself What Would Jasper Do...but I am not sure if that is the right question to ask.

Re: WWJD? What Would Jasper Do?
Posted by: MuseSusan (---.union.edu)
Date: January 04, 2005 10:38PM

I'm not sure what Jasper would do, but for myself I would prefer when reading a library book to catch (or try to catch) any errors myself. Not that I'm good at it, but I'd still rather do that than read a copy someone's already "updated" with things crossed out and fixed in the text. However, I would have no objection to seeing an upgrade sticker on the book even if it had not been "updated". Better be careful, though; if your library is anything like mine, they'll inspect the book very carefully and fine you for every little thing they can find.

Welcome to the fforum, by the way!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.