New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Lost in a Good Book :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
Separate forum for discussions relating to this particular book. 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Bloophole in LIAGB
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: January 16, 2005 09:55PM

I think there may be bloophole in 'Lost in a Good Book'.

On page 347, (I'm talking about the UK paperback edition here) about one third of the way down, Thursday switches clothes with Cordelia in order to escape her apartment, which is being watched by Goliath and SpecOps. Then, at the start of the new paragraph, two thirds of the way down the same page, Thursday switches back into her own clothes whilst in David's hired Studebaker. How did she get her own clothes back from Cordelia, who presumably was wearing them back in Thursday's apartment? Has David been stalking Thursday? Has he been robbing her washing line and stashing her clothes in his car? I really am not sure.

I have already emailed Jasper about this. Does anyone know the correct email address? I've found two different ones on the site. (Please don't write it correctly in full - to avoid email trawlers, i.e. use 'at' instead of '@').

Regards,
Spyder~~~*

Re: Bloophole in LIAGB
Posted by: MuseSusan (---.union.edu)
Date: January 17, 2005 04:06AM

Can't quite remember, and I don't have my books with me at the moment, but since they were in Thursday's apartment when the switch was made, couldn't she have grabbed some extra clothes or something?

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.range217-43.btcentralplus.com)
Date: January 17, 2005 05:19PM

Perhaps he's a transvestite who happens to have the same clothes as her?

Posted by: 198505 (---.cable.ubr06.wi.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: January 17, 2005 11:59PM

I go with Thursday taking a change of her own clothes out in a bag.
Clothes roll up quite small

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: July 14, 2005 11:32PM

Spyder: Isn't email(at)jasperfforde(dot)com the address to use?

If you emailed and didn't get a reply, that's normal. I assume he's a pretty busy guy. But I know that they're out there, and they do listen...because I talked to Mari once.

I think that it could be easily explained away, but good eye for spotting that!!

Did you check the "Upgrades" page?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.