New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Lost in a Good Book :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
Separate forum for discussions relating to this particular book. 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Music for reading
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net)
Date: February 07, 2006 10:57PM

I work for UMVD and recently came across Andrea Bocelli's new album Amore playing in the office. It is a great album. It features Stevie Wonder, Kenny G and Christina Aguilera. I now listen to it while reading. It puts me in just the right mood. I was wondering if anyone else enjoys Andrea Bocelli, seeing that I am a new fan and most of my friends do not listen to this genre.

Re: Music for reading
Posted by: PrinzHilde (---.dip0.t-ipconnect.de)
Date: February 08, 2006 12:27AM

Hmmmm...looks like spam, smells like spam...could it be that there is a commercial interest behind this post?

Posted by: Puck (---.brmngh01.mi.comcast.net)
Date: February 08, 2006 09:54PM

The profile appears normal (i.e. human), so I would tentatively class this under non-sequiter, at least until Melissa posts again...

No worries... non-sequiters are the spice of life around here!

I enjoy Pavarotti, especially singing the aria Nessun Dorma from Puccini's Turandot.

I also enjoy telling this to people very quickly... !

-------------------------
Metaphors be with you!

Date: February 09, 2006 09:04PM

Actually... I am reading Angels and Demons well re-reading, I just love that book. And for some reason this time around my reading is so much more exciting because I play Bocelli in the background. I think it may have to do with the fact that he mainly sings in Italian. Listening to the CD while reading one of my favorite books, which it happens to compliment beautifully just got me wondering if anyone shared this enjoyment. lol Sorry for any confusion I caused.

Date: February 09, 2006 11:02PM

It's cool that there's someone else around who enjoys opera, its normally the sort of thing that gets strange looks...

I think I have heard the new Bocelli CD, I should get that out again and listen to it. : )

Oh, and welcome to the ffffforum, starryeyez! Do join us on the Nextian Chat fffforum for some tea and Battenburg.

Metaphors be with you!

Date: February 14, 2006 02:13AM

Did you watch the Olympic opening ceremonies?

Metaphors be with you!

Date: March 09, 2006 10:43PM

I didn't, but I did watch the closing ceremony... what did you think about Bocelli??

Posted by: Puck (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: March 10, 2006 01:13AM

Can you believe that he doesn't actually understand English? - When he sings in English he just learns the words phonetically, but you would never guess it to listen to him!

Metaphors be with you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.