New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Lost in a Good Book :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
Separate forum for discussions relating to this particular book. 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Minutia or nothing?
Posted by: SweetandFierce (---.bing.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 12, 2007 01:21AM

**deleted

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2009 09:51PM by SweetandFierce.

Re: Minutia or nothing?
Posted by: SweetandFierce (---.bing.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 12, 2007 09:11PM

**Deleted

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2009 09:52PM by SweetandFierce.

Re: Minutia or nothing?
Posted by: robcraine (---.mcb.net)
Date: August 27, 2007 02:56PM

Hah... answered your own question... although it does mean that the ring wasn't *exactly* a bauble.

The problem I have with the Haversham-Thursday relationship was that it says somewhere that 'haversham and thursday were one of the greatest parnerships the bookworld had ever seen' (or something similar - in one of the chapter headers, I think) The problem is that they didn't actually do much together. Ok, Haversham rescued Thursday in an impressive way. Following H's death Thursday went on to prevent bad things happening... but the actual partnership - what of it?

Rob

------
That statement is either so deep it would take a lifetime to fully comprehend every particle of its meaning, or it is a load of absolute tosh. Which is it, I wonder?
Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2007 02:58PM by robcraine.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.