New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Eyre Affair :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
Posts relating to TN-1 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Pun Names
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.vic.bigpond.net.au)
Date: July 02, 2008 09:58AM

Rghto G,day Guys this is my first post and i would like to get your help on a few things. For Literature at school we have to write another chapter in the style of Jasper FForde. I'm looking to go into The importance of being Earnest and have a vigilante group steal Bunbury from the Original Manuscript which changes the story into what we know today. But i need some pun names to introduce into the story.

First off i need a Police officer or Spec Ops person who will be the constable or equvilent reporting to Toad news about a break in. So far i was thing Abel N. Willing as his name,

Secondly i need a pun of Oscar Wildes name or a relative of his that i can put in. Please if anybody can help it would be great.

Re: Pun Names
Posted by: SkidMarks (---.40.66.111.sub.mbb.three.co.uk)
Date: July 02, 2008 01:06PM

Hi NickyG, welcome to the asylum.

You stand some chance of getting some help here as you have put some thought into it already: people who have asked for someone else to write their project usually get very short shrift!

Besides the punning names, don't forget that JFf also uses objects as names (Bowden Cable for example) and don't concentrate on putting in so many names that you lose your story!

Good luck

Date: July 07, 2008 09:43AM

Yeah i wanted to keep some names simple. Thanks for your help i have put in a few names to hopefully give it that authenticity.

Date: July 07, 2008 11:44AM

Also i'm at the point where i don't have the book in hand and i'm continuing the story. What i would like is some ideas on what i can hot topics i can debate that would be relivent to the book. Like the issue about who wrote Shakespeare's plays etc but i don't want to use that... seems to generic but i would like something along those lines.

Posted by: pickle_guy (---.wa.bigpond.net.au)
Date: March 02, 2009 03:16AM

I've been looking for an excuse to use the name "Chris P. Bacon, but you can have it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.