New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Eyre Affair :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
Posts relating to TN-1 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
the Dodo Fanciers
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.albyny.adelphia.net)
Date: June 18, 2003 11:51PM

(hi, i'm new)

i read the Eyre Affair a while ago, and while i just recently bought the paperback version and read it again and can't seem to find the incident, i'll relate it anyways.

i remember Thursday signing into the hotel in....swindon? (it's where Landen finally tracks her down in the cheshire cat bar) and Liz the desk lady tells her that the Dodo Fanciers association are interested in Pickwick because he is a rare V1.2, and would like to see him. Thursday agrees, but after that you don't hear anything else about the Dodo fanciers. do they visit pickwick in the kennels (but then, doesn't thursday take him up to her room?) or does she show him to them and it's just not covered in the book?

or, of course, did someone else notice it and had it corrected (egads! deleted??) before it went out to paperback print?

well, signing out.

Re: the Dodo Fanciers
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: June 19, 2003 02:55AM

no, I don't believe they were ever mentioned again. But I think that's part of the reason Thursday may have kept Pickers up in her hotel room.

Welcome, by the way...come on in and post away!

Posted by: Magda (---.subnet-25.med.umich.edu)
Date: June 20, 2003 10:59PM

I thought it said that they'd already been by to see him in the kennels, but I'd have to double check.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.albyny.adelphia.net)
Date: June 24, 2003 07:39PM

I don't remember them ever mentioning the Dodo Fanciers again, either. I believe that they just overlooked that minor detail.

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: June 24, 2003 09:33PM

Kyra - welcome to the fforum, btw...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Auntysassy (---.ilford.mdip.bt.net)
Date: June 25, 2003 09:02PM

Kyra - hello and welcome.

Can't find any further references to the Dodo Fanciers myself - think they're just a one off mention.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.