New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Eyre Affair :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
Posts relating to TN-1 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Word to Landen
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: July 07, 2003 06:51PM

Erm, strangely I can't get bold. How strange...

Post Edited (07-07-03 19:53)

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.cbc.ca)
Date: July 07, 2003 08:02PM

well, I'm sorry to be so BOLD on my first post.

BTW, I notice that the publisher's blurb for LIAGB had a greal big ol' spoiiler about Landens demise. SO maybe it's not permanent?

Ok, you don't have to tell me...

Post Edited (07-07-03 23:37)

Date: July 08, 2003 12:01AM

Well, we can't tell you, as we don't know. Is that a spoiler?

CG, welcome to the fforum - and enjoy! You seem like the sort of person who'll fit in just fine...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.qc.sympatico.ca)
Date: July 08, 2003 12:17AM

thanks to you, too! I am dismayed at how much I like it here already.

By the way you have a great screen name as do many others here. Sorry mine isn't "Nextian". I picked it for the YankeeRacers/ Wes Anderson board and now I'm very attached to it. I'm not from Chelsea or anything - it's a reference to the Nico song. Just felt compelled to mention that.

anyway thanks to those who are being so welcoming! Everyon eis clever and nice -- so far!

Post Edited (07-08-03 02:43)

Date: July 08, 2003 12:21AM

People do like it here - we're like the spring-tide mark of the internet. Things get washed up and they're always interesting, and it takes a high-tide to wash them away again...

PSD

==========

Posted by: Rob (---.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: July 08, 2003 01:05PM

PSD: I haven't sussed exactly how it works as it substitutes your code for the HTML markers and only some work. You need square backet [ ] and then try. b for bold obviously. Although it subs <strong> when you view page source ??

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: July 08, 2003 09:53PM

COOL!! very interesting just got to try them ALL!

haven't figured out how to change font size though...give me time!

Posted by: Magda (---.med.umich.edu)
Date: July 08, 2003 10:08PM

Testing....1...2...3...

Post Edited (07-08-03 23:10)

--------------
&quot;I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around.&quot;
--Ross Smith

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.gsi.gov.uk)
Date: July 16, 2003 01:03PM

Well I bless the day I discovered Mr Fforde. The only trouble is I am devouring the books at such a rapid pace I will very quickly run out and then be grief stricken!

Post Edited (07-16-03 14:09)

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: July 16, 2003 10:01PM

we have all done that. I think that's why we get relief from hanging about the Fforum. I'm ready for TN-4 already and I *technically* have a year and a half to wait because I'm American! LOL

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.