New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Eyre Affair :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
Posts relating to TN-1 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
winged victory
Posted by: Anonymous User (144.139.139.---)
Date: August 16, 2003 08:08AM

I'm new to this game...and have also consumed a vast quantity of wine this afyternoon! Am amazed that I actually managed to log in...but drunken ramblings aside...and it might also have been mentioned already....but twice in the text Pickwick is referred to as having no wings......yet on the cover of my copy of "The Eyre Affair" there he is in all his glory "winged" and riding a scooter no less!....has anyone else noticed this?....and /or is it so yesterday that I will never "log in" again?......

Re: winged victory
Posted by: Simon (---.westsussex.gov.uk)
Date: August 16, 2003 10:57AM

Welcome. I think that those wings may have been mentioned before, but don't worry, other topics have also been cropped up more than once without anybody criticizing wheoever raised them for the second time... Log in again whenever you feel like it, we'll be glad to see you...

Here's a box of virtual chocolates (Virtual Chocolates), as a reward for posting that message despite your worries!

Warning! Product may contain Nuts!

Posted by: Nicky (---.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net)
Date: August 18, 2003 02:10AM

Welcome Cathryn. Wine is always encouraged.

Posted by: ilovespike (---.visp.co.nz)
Date: September 16, 2003 05:36AM

It's probably a newer version dodo, not neccessarily Pickwick.

Posted by: teacher (---.Anglistik.Uni-Mainz.DE)
Date: September 16, 2003 10:20AM

Normally, wine and chocolate don't taste well ... the chocolate make the wine taste sour ... but Simon, your hospitality is still impeccable.

Welcome Cathryn! Post again by all means ...

I support ILS's suggestion since there is no hint in the books that Pickwick owns a scooter (let alone that she could drive it ... I doubt that but maybe she has hiddentalents? ). Mind there are very many other dodos mentioned in the books, so why does it always have to be the heroes on the cover?

Date: September 16, 2003 10:43AM

I wonder if dodos can drive other vehicles?

Sorry I forgot, welcome to the fforum Cathryn!

"What I need is a strong drink and a peer-group." -Ford Prefect

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: September 16, 2003 03:16PM

My Dodo can drive cars and largish lorries (up to the size when you have to have a diffierent licence altogether) and also drive me up the wall.

Date: September 16, 2003 08:56PM

:oD

He sounds very talented! What about planes, airships?

Posted by: Auntysassy (193.132.206.---)
Date: September 25, 2003 01:22PM

I wouldn't trust him to do so!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.