New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Eyre Affair :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
Posts relating to TN-1 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Rare First Edition For Sale
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dsl.lsan03.pacbell.net)
Date: February 07, 2004 05:50PM

Here are the details:

LOS ANGELES: Worman. First Edition, First Printing, Soft Cover, Fine, 8 1/2x11 1 pp. Not offered exclusively is this rare copy of Jasper Fforde’s runaway bestseller, THE EYRE AFFAIR. Yes, that’s right, I do NOT, in fact, have a copy of THE EYRE AFFAIR for sale. That makes this the most exclusive rarity in the bookselling world. What I am offering for sale is a letter, on good quality, Office Depot 8 ½ x 11 inkjet copier paper, stating that Alex Worman, Bookseller, is not offering a copy of THE EYRE AFFAIR for sale. Each letter, a limited edition of 129, will be signed, numbered, dated, and signed “Alex” (in my usual uppercase/lowercase manner). The first 38 buyers will also receive a glossy 4x6 photo of my cat chasing a ball of string. One lucky, random buyer will also receive the steamed-off sticker from a delicious can of just-finished reduced fat Skippy peanut butter. This unimagined letter is set in the reality of online booksellers who have no idea how many copies of a first edition were actually printed and where there are more dealers than collectors. Why buy an actual copy of THE EYRE AFFAIR and always wonder, Did they print 500, 2000, 2200, 2500, 4300?, when you can rest easy knowing that my non-book, signed letter is printed in a confirmed first edition of only 129? (The important number line on the letter reads 3 Ò 7 2 f 5 8 ½ 9 © 6 p 10 3/16 4 1). The letter will be mailed, folded in a No. 10 envelope and affixed with standard 37-cent US Postage (int’l orders at market prices). If you wish, you may also request an upgrade to your letter in the form of some coffee stains and muffin crumbs. US$ 500.37 (extra 37-cents for postage). A must for any serious collector of Fforde-iana.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.