New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Eyre Affair :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
Posts relating to TN-1 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Bowden
Posted by: Anonymous User (192.77.116.---)
Date: June 21, 2004 07:41PM

Call me crazy, but does anyone else think that Bowden and Thursday would be adorable together? I know that she's married to Landen at the end, but what do you all think?

Re: Bowden
Posted by: annie.leader-biblio (---.server.ntli.net)
Date: June 21, 2004 07:55PM

Well Bowden would agree with you, but I guess it's just not meant to be.

=====================================================
Some days I see the point

Posted by: Simon (---.westsussex.gov.uk)
Date: June 22, 2004 06:57PM

... but 'Welcome to the fforum', anyway.

"Logic is like Fire, a good servant but a bad master."

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.chapman.edu)
Date: June 27, 2004 06:54PM

Thanks, that's nice of you. I know it seems like a silly thing to say, but I thought it would be a more unique introduction to make people mad rather than the typical: "hi, I'm new to this"....
Anyway, thank you for taking an interest.

Posted by: vampire (---.ptldor.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: June 16, 2005 12:13AM

i have to admit, i cant remember who bowden is right now, but anyone would be better than landen.
personally, i wish thursday and spike would have got together.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.mn.res.rr.com)
Date: August 22, 2005 07:51AM

I agree about the Spike thing...i really thought something was going to happen between them.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.hsd1.wa.comcast.net)
Date: November 01, 2005 03:54AM

I know that Bowden really likes Thursday, and he seems so enthusiastic when he says that he is going to marry her someday. While I would have loved to see them off in Ohio together, I think I am even more happy about how it did turn out. Her and Landen make a much better couple than her and Spike, or her and Bowden. Two SpecOps agents just couldn't have a happy life together. That is what I think anyway.

Posted by: Unbound Element (---.dsl.sfldmi.ameritech.net)
Date: January 29, 2006 11:32PM

Spike made for a good plot point, but he really isn't much of a "family man", particularly if his condition is hereditary.

I for one would have liked to see Bowden's prophecy (or does it only rate at prediction?) come true. Of course, I don't really understand why exactly Thursday felt betrayed by Landen, so he could have gone off with his bigoted wife for all I cared.

Posted by: Puck (---.brmngh01.mi.comcast.net)
Date: January 30, 2006 09:04PM

Thursday's plot is loosely based on Jane Eyre, so I think Bowden was supposed to be a parallel character to Jane Eyre's cousin who wanted her to come with him to be a missionary in India. Bowden is a much nicer character than the cousin, but he is not really Thursday's type.

-------------------------
Metaphors be with you!

Posted by: vampire (---.ptldor.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: February 12, 2006 02:15AM

Whoa, I forgot about this thread entirely. . . although I have remembered who Bowden is. I still root for Spike of course, but yes, Bowden would be cool too.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You wants it? How Gollum-esque!

Posted by: literaryloser (---.sktn.hsdb.sasknet.sk.ca)
Date: May 21, 2006 08:12AM

To be honest, I thought they were going to hook up until the bar thing.

SpecOps-27 Wordage is our business Grammar is our game.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.120.dsl.mel.iprimus.net.au)
Date: November 04, 2006 03:36PM

I think Bowden is the cool best friend. The one who is always in your corner - regardless. He;s charming and he's fun and I am sure (and hoping) that Jasper finds him someone nice in the later books...yes, plural...many many more TN books please.

I am going through so much withdrawal right now - having finished the last of the books...can't wait for War of the Words.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.