New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Eyre Affair :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
Posts relating to TN-1 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
First Appearance of Millon
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.zqwdrqsz.com)
Date: September 02, 2004 12:14PM

***contains possible spoiler relating to TN4, so those who have not read may wish to skip***

In TN1, at the point where SpecOps are delivering the ransom money for Acheron Hades, Thursday notices a periscope watching her from the bushes.

Do we ever find out who this is, and is it the first appearance of Millon in the main narrative?

Re: First Appearance of Millon
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.europa.bt.com)
Date: September 13, 2004 04:25PM

Shame on you Alan this is a definite spoiler! (although fairly minor as I really cannot imagine anyone coming into this site hasn't read TEA)

No it cannot be Millon because his status in SR is dependent on TN's celebrity status - not achieved till the end of TEA.

Unless of course there is more to M de F than we think and in fact he's (yet another) rogue chronoguard!

[this would be a good thread in SR)

Posted by: tieff (---.246.163.25.tisdip.tiscali.de)
Date: September 17, 2004 08:12AM

Sorry, but this isn't a possible spoiler.
The text clearly says that the periscope is in the signal box not in the bushes. It's not Millon, it's Goliath. (p.220, UK edition)

Posted by: Loopy Lou (---.108.client.e-access.com.au)
Date: October 09, 2004 03:53AM

Or Acheron. I would check if says that directly but my mum's currently reading TEA.

=)

Yes.... Uh, no.... Actually......I don't know.... Um, hang on.... What was the question again?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.