New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Eyre Affair :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
Posts relating to TN-1 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Occupation/Nazis/Crimea
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dc.gov)
Date: September 06, 2004 03:42AM

Is the chronology explained more in the later books?
I'm not quite sure how England fights in Crimea for 130+ years, and simultaneously is occupied by the Germans/Nazis--long enough to convert RAF bases to Luftwaffe--before someone (America and Czarist Russia?) defeat the Nazis. The Crimean war seems to persist, whether or not Wellington dies in 1815 or 1852--does the Nazi occupation/World War II?

Re: Occupation/Nazis/Crimea
Posted by: robcraine (---.mcb.net)
Date: September 06, 2004 09:22PM

I don't think it is explicitly sorted out anywhere... but if i do recall correctly it is mentioned somewhere that there have only been [a smallish number] of years of actual fighting. While occupied England probably didn't relinquish their claim on the crimea, and once the Nazis were out of the way normal relations between Russia and England resumed... possibly due to the influence of Goliath.

Rob

------
That statement is either so deep it would take a lifetime to fully comprehend every particle of its meaning, or it is a load of absolute tosh. Which is it, I wonder?
Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.europa.bt.com)
Date: September 13, 2004 04:20PM

It's never explicitly resolved but I kinda got the impression that England was never fully occupied by the Germans - with some kind of continuing frontline in the Midlands somewhere?

Posted by: Loopy Lou (---.108.client.e-access.com.au)
Date: October 09, 2004 03:52AM

Swindon was occupied briefly. The SpecOps building was hastily erected during the occupation.

=)

Yes.... Uh, no.... Actually......I don't know.... Um, hang on.... What was the question again?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.