New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Eyre Affair :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
Posts relating to TN-1 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
New and Bullets
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.mn.res.rr.com)
Date: August 22, 2005 08:52AM

Hello! I'm new to the forum. I've owned The Eyre Affair for about 2 years and just read it finally...in 2 days because i loved it so much. Wish I had read it early. I just bought LIAGB today...when i shouldn't have spent the money.

I only have one kind of problem from the book and I want to know if anyone was thinking the same thing as they were reading:

******DO NOT READ MORE IF YOU HAVE NOT FINISHED TEA, THIS WILL SPOIL IT**********

Did any body think that the silver bullet was a little obvious. As soon as I read about Spike giving it to her I knew she'd use it to kill Hades. It didn't ruin it really. Instead I just kept thinking "how will Thursday realize this?"

Re: New and Bullets
Posted by: Barefoot Andy (195.188.86.---)
Date: August 22, 2005 11:25AM

To be honest, I'd completely forgotten the bullet by the time it showed up, as there was too much other stuff going on there, and it could have been any of the other things in there that got Hades. Fairly obvious, but then, an obvious plot piece is begging to be wrong.

Welcome to the fforum. Feel free to embrace the what the F***ness, feel FORCED to eat large amounts of cake, and be warned, we will fly off on a tangent quicker than you can say "Personally, I thought To kill a mockingbird was utter trite".

-------
Turn the silliness to eleven!

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.mn.res.rr.com)
Date: August 22, 2005 06:28PM

"Embrace the what the f***ness" is one of my favorite quotes that can be used for many great peices of art/literature. I got it from one of my college professors who used it a lot in rehearsals for 6 Characters in Search of an author and when talking about Woyzeck by Georg Buchner (a great play that everyone should read, then mix up the pages and read it again...it will make about the same amount of sense)

Posted by: Nicky (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: August 24, 2005 02:15PM

Surely that should be what the ffff***ness?

Posted by: Unbound Element (---.dsl.sfldmi.ameritech.net)
Date: February 05, 2006 02:44AM

As far as story saving plot devices go, this was a fairly good one. I've run across much, much worse.

As long as someone has brought it up, what is with the cake? To date I've recieved one offer, but I though I'd learn about it before I get too many more.

---
Um? Game?

Posted by: Puck (---.sfldmidn.dynamic.covad.net)
Date: February 06, 2006 05:51AM

You are just waaaay too paranoid!

The last time someone tried to offer you cake, you threw yourself down a bottomless pit with a jar of marmalade - why do you think you haven't been offered seconds?

Honestly, you would think someone has been giving you ridiculous warnings like "Don't eat the cake," or something...

-------------------------
Metaphors be with you!

Posted by: vampire (---.ptldor.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: February 12, 2006 02:07AM

How come nobody's offered me cake? Do I have to do something to deserve it?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You wants it? How Gollum-esque!

Posted by: Puck (---.sfldmidn.dynamic.covad.net)
Date: February 13, 2006 03:34AM

Oh, excuse me!

HAVE SOME BATTENBERG!

(...whether you want it or not)

*tiny evil grin*

-------------------------
Metaphors be with you!

Date: February 14, 2006 02:27AM

can't honestly say i know what battenberg is (although a quick google reveals that its a kind of cake "named in honor of the marriage of Queen Victoria's granddaughter to Prince Louis of Battenberg, 1884.", and that probably my stupid americanism is what prevented me from knowing in the first place, and -- where was i going with this? oh yeah! i'd love some, thank you!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: PrinzHilde (---.dip0.t-ipconnect.de)
Date: February 14, 2006 02:46PM

HINT: you will find out about it in Something Rotten

Date: May 17, 2006 03:24AM

Whoa, man! I believe I've uncovered my last post -- from BEFORE my disappearance into the ether of offlineness! It doesn't seem like such a bad post anymore. . . . Still haven't read Something Rotten, damn it. . . . Maybe if I stopped swearing and started reading. . . . and eating cake. . . .

Post Edited (05-17-06 04:25)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.