New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

The Eyre Affair :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
Posts relating to TN-1 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
If they made The Eyre Affair for the big screen.
Posted by: Anonymous User (203.48.242.---)
Date: April 25, 2008 04:50AM

I'd really like to see Edgar Wright & Simon Pegg tackle this project, they are really versatile & could maintain the right sense of humour. I'd also like to see Jessica Hynes playing Thursday.

Re: If they made The Eyre Affair for the big screen.
Posted by: Anonymous User (---.range86-158.btcentralplus.com)
Date: April 25, 2008 11:18PM

is it just me who sees David Tennant as Landen??

haha... I just think that would be amazing.
Pity it will probably never happen, I would so love to play Thursday. I read the book outloud and act out scenes alone in my room!

I mean....

no, of course I don't do anything so juevenile!

:)

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.pete.cable.ntl.com)
Date: May 02, 2008 08:49PM

I would love to see this on the big screen and I am an actress and I think Thursday Next would be my dream role!

Posted by: Mateo (---.w90-6.abo.wanadoo.fr)
Date: May 07, 2008 08:55AM

David Tennant as Landen ? I'd rather have seen him as Snell, in my opinion.

As for The Eyre Affair being on the big screen, I don't know if it could gather that much people. It would be more effective if it was set as a TV series, you know, with 12 or 13 episodes.

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: May 17, 2008 12:22PM

Hi Thursday08! Make your way over to Nextian Chat, where there is much more activity (and pie).

Most of the inmates are quite safe, but watch out for anyone offering you Battenburg.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

My computer beat me at chess, but I won at kickboxing

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.vic.bigpond.net.au)
Date: August 03, 2008 10:16AM

I could so see David Tennant as Landen! He would be perfect!

Who do you guys think would be good as Jach Schitt? Damy Divito? Jack Black?

I think that a movie would be better as it would get more addvertising and more people would go out and watch it.... it would also make the books more popular (not that they need it) lol!

Posted by: CheshireCat (---.abhsia.telus.net)
Date: April 18, 2009 05:45PM

I would love to see the Thursday Next series made into movies for the big screen! I live in Canada, and the books definitely need to be made more popular there; practically no one knows who Fforde is!!! It's a travesty!!

If they did make a movie though, and the people making it, for some inexplicable reason, came talent-scouting in the prairies of Alberta, and I magically turned into a big film star, and I could magically look like whatever part I wanted, I'm actually not sure if I'd want to play Thursday. I might rather be someone like Miss Havisham or one of the Hades family, simply because I think I'd have more fun a) being an insane melodramatic killer, or b) driving round crazily and whacking men with sticks.

(Sami_something, I, on occasion, do the same thing. *blushes*)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.