New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Crimewatch...
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: April 14, 2003 10:11PM

I came home this evening to find my bike had been stolen from outside my home. I wasn't too worried, as it had two flat tires, no brakes and wobbly wheels. I figured that if anyone was stupid enough to steal it they'd give up by the time they reached the river and would have thrown it in there. I was partially right - they reached about 200 yards down the road before giving up and dumping it - not even bothering to hide it.

Should I be embarrassed, or the tea-leaf?

(My parents won't stop ribbing me about it either - I'm famous in our family for wrecking bikes, not least when I ploughed into a parked car at thirty mph)

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Re: Crimewatch...
Posted by: skiffle (---.range217-44.btcentralplus.com)
Date: April 14, 2003 10:26PM

Ah, a cunning plan of stashing dodgy old bike outside so clueless (or blind)thief would nick that one and not spot the decent one hidden on the other side of the hedge.

Re: Crimewatch...
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: April 14, 2003 10:29PM

No - cunning plan of only having one bike that hasn't been completely destroyed...

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.