New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: electronik dreams
Posted by: BibwitHart (---.253-193-42.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: September 20, 2008 09:26AM

We should rate your posts PG ^_^

Posted by: CannibalRabbit (---.253-193-249.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: September 20, 2008 10:49AM

Bunyip it sounds like you could sell the script of your dreams to the TV networks

Date: September 21, 2008 01:03PM

An R-rated version of the Science of Sleep perhaps...

Posted by: MartinB (---.cache.ru.ac.za)
Date: September 21, 2008 03:50PM

I do not remember my dreams often. A recent one involved animated ferrets. In superhero outfits.

- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures In Wonderland

Posted by: EgonSpengler (---.range86-132.btcentralplus.com)
Date: September 21, 2008 04:19PM

Same here. My dreams fade away in the first few minutes after waking up. Psychologists suggest that you keep a pad of paper by your bed and write them down when you first awaken. Apparently this helps the recall process and you eventually will remember them.

Pink sheep singing the blues, anyone?

Date: September 22, 2008 01:22AM

Sadly no pink sheep or superhero spandexed ferrets, though plenty to do with animals. I've also dreamed about a T-rex and about lots of coloured powders used to make live budgerigars.

I'm thinking about using dream imagery to base artwork on.

Posted by: bunyip (---.as1.adl6.internode.on.net)
Date: September 24, 2008 05:30AM

I have wriiten down my dreams. Here's a alection:

1] Being chhased by a Siberian tiger that was running on its back kegs and throwing cream pies at me.

2] Riding down a flume at a logging camp, being thrown out at a curve and flying at a stone wall face and on looking down seeing pink caterpillars dancing along in a row. I don't recall hitting the face of the cliff, but there was a cave entrance that was approaching at high speed.

3] [nightmare] When my daughter was a lot younger we went to the cliffs west of Albany WA and walked along the path to the sightseeing platform at the gap. Being a brash young thing daughter ran ahead and decided to go off the path. She slipped where there was no safety fence and fortunately the bloke ahead of me turned and grabbed her arm. It's over 200 feet to the water level and the nearest place you can get down is about a kilometre distant. It is also white pointer territory.

I don't even have to shut my eyes to replay that sequence and when it comes up while asleep it takes me hours to get back to sleep. Overlay that with the visual images from a car crash in which I did a lot of damage and some nights are not a lot of fun. I find a lot of white wine helps.

I find that thinking of sex, chocolate, sex, a place in the country away from the sea and high cliffs, and more sex in the outdoors tends to diminish the nightmares.

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.104.---)
Date: September 24, 2008 03:52PM

What about chocolate out of doors? Now that's kinky!

Date: September 26, 2008 07:21AM

Had another dream about being in a disorganised library. None of the books were in order and there were several really small glass animal cages with ancient mangy old lions and things on display. I also had to sit on the floor as there was supposed to be a meeting for the entire day and that most of the people were police who decided I was to be called Scott.

Not half as interesting as a dream I had of trimming my best friend
s teeth with scissors (the scissors slipped and cut my friend's teeth crookedly, at which point I remembered that teeth don't grow back).

Posted by: Jazz_Sue (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: September 26, 2008 10:54AM

Bunyip wrote: Usually my dreams include sex, flying, sex, chocoloate, sex, a place in the country, sex, and more gratuitous sex.

You are a Buny. Sex is all you ever WILL dream about. Live with it!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2008 10:56AM by Jazz_Sue.

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (58.163.130.---)
Date: September 26, 2008 01:20PM

I dreamed I was conducting a choir of singing lettuces last night.
Lettuces just can't get the alto right...

Posted by: EgonSpengler (---.range86-132.btcentralplus.com)
Date: September 26, 2008 04:06PM

I think cabbages make better altos but it's hard to be sure without a recital.

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (58.163.130.---)
Date: September 26, 2008 04:51PM

It must be the effect of all your weird dreams on me folks, because I never usually dream this surreal stuff!

Date: September 27, 2008 04:51AM

Do bunnies dream of white siberian tigers, cream buns, pink caterpillars, an such.

If so, what are they eating?

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: September 27, 2008 08:56AM

A friend once told me that she had dreamed of The Mighty Morphin' Flower Arrangers.

How can I take the show seriously, now?

Date: September 27, 2008 09:13AM

I would love to see a cabbage performance!

Posted by: CannibalRabbit (---.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: September 27, 2008 12:32PM

Not sure about other Bunnies, but "Death has Keen Eyesight" on shirt.woot.com was something I was dreaming about for a while.

"All was quiet in the city of Mrmacgregorsgarden. The citizens went about their quiet lives, blissful and unaware of the strange experiments their government was performing out in the harbor. But it would be these experiments that would go… too far."

The blurb was very 4th Bear. Then mine arrived!

Love the idea of singing lettuces. I usually end up with the people in the wrong place variety of dream - UK family in Oz, or Aussie friends in UK places. And it always makes sense that they are where ever they are, until I wake up.

electronik dreams
Posted by: zendao42 (---.bhm.bellsouth.net)
Date: September 29, 2008 06:05AM

Actually had a fairly normal dream for a change:
Was dining out with my family (some of whom are dead- including my grandmother, who went outside to feed ducks/geese {not sure which})-
there was pecan pie for dessert except it was rectangular instead of round & kept getting smaller-
I got there late & finally had to eat my share of pie before dinner or it would all be gone...

No wonder I forgot to eat when I got up!

Signature or shameless self-promotion?
You decide:

[www.myspace.com]

Date: September 29, 2008 06:19AM

i dread of going to Hawaii, for as the song says:

'Dreams come true in blue Hawaii...'

and I don't want to see my dreams in real life.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.