New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper
Hungry Jacks are a Burger King franchise, same branding and burgers just a different name. A few years ago we had a war here between Burger King and Hungry Jacks with BK first telling the franchisee that they "would" rebrand to global standard. Once they got a negative response they tried to muscle in on HJ by opening a BK branch close by - Burger wars. To cut a long story short BK got sent packing with their tail between their legs. The public perceived HJ as a Aussie brand, and the customer service was better.
Famous Brands has acquired a 75% stake in Wimpy UK, thereby achieving the groupís stated strategic intent to enter the first world branded QSR/Casual Dining market via acquisition. The remaining 25% shareholding is owned by Halifax Bank of Scotland.
Pies from Heidelburg and from the shops variously at Stonehut (their pasties and snagger rolls are also good) and Port Elliot on the south coast (again pies, pasties and srolls all good at all three places. also have good sweet items.
I cannot find a Battenberg cake outlet, although at some time past there was a net item which stated that SA was the home to a Battenberg competition. I never found it, and knowledgeable people whom I consulted had never heard of also. So there.
Besides my wife has been making chocolate, and banana and walnut, and other tasty combination, muffins, so I do not need to stray in search of goodies.
Literally: a combination of various substances, some of which are edible and some of which are nutricious. There is no essential requirement that the same substance falls into both categories. Goes well with sex and drugs.
Same definition applies to Chico Rolls, Corn Jacks, dim sims and many kebabs.
How many times can you use the same word consecutively in a sentence?
The example below is by Martin Gardner. I can take no credit.
"Wouldn't the sentence 'I want to put a hyphen between the words Fish and And and And and Chips in my Fish-And-Chips sign' have been clearer if quotation marks had been placed before Fish, and between Fish and and, and and and And, and And and and, and and and And, and And and and, and and and Chips, as well as after Chips?"