New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Jasper's Agent?
Posted by: Big Jim (---.dynamic.hinet.net)
Date: October 01, 2008 02:20AM

That was by far the speediest registration/email/activation process I've ever been involved with.
I just want to ask a quick question. Does anybody know who Jasper's agent is? I've been searching and reading and digging up nothing; thought I might as well seek at the source.

Re: Jasper's Agent?
Posted by: SkidMarks (---.41.212.49.sub.mbb.three.co.uk)
Date: October 01, 2008 09:48AM

Hi there Big Jim. Have some pie. The usual selection is available with sweet to the left and savoury to the right.

Of course Thursday Next is a literary agent, but I suspect that is not the answer you were looking for.I vaguely remember seeing the name "Eric Simonoff" as agent for JFf somewhere, but don't know if this info is current nor if it is world-wide, U.K. only, U.S. only or whatever.

Date: October 02, 2008 02:37AM

Yeah I read that somewhere too. I checked him out: US. Big. Great reputation. The reason I ask is that I'm an author who's comedic novel is gathering agent's rejections like a stationary stone gathers moss, and there's a pattern to them: "We like your work but we are unable to think of a publisher who would be interested." Well, I can: Hodder is obviously interested in Jasper's work. Of course they don't accept unsolicited manuscripts so I must continue the search for an agent. I read that Jasper received seventy-two rejections over five years before finding an agent who dug his stuff, so I thought I might as well try to find out who that is and see if she might be interested in mine. No doubt she is flat out working on Japser's projects and has no time . . . but it's worth a try.

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.41.181.216.sub.mbb.three.co.uk)
Date: October 02, 2008 08:56AM

Have you tried e-mailing Jasper? If he is willing to share the name that may be the easiest way of finding out.

Date: October 06, 2008 04:13AM

That's a great idea. I assumed Jasper's email would not be available but I must be wrong. Where can I find it?

Posted by: EgonSpengler (---.nottingham.ac.uk)
Date: October 06, 2008 08:50AM

There's one right at the top of the screen...

Posted by: Bonzai Kitten (149.135.104.---)
Date: October 06, 2008 03:42PM

The one you used to activate your account here!

Date: October 08, 2008 12:25PM

There I go again. What I need is a slipping on a banana peel smilie. Thanks everyone!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.