New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Book TV
Posted by: Magda (---.med.umich.edu)
Date: April 15, 2003 06:58PM

Don't know if anyone else here gets the cable channel "Book TV", but I do, at least sometimes, on my local cable.

I've just noticed a couple things.

From Jasper's appearances page:

LOS ANGELES, CA
Saturday, April 26

LA Times Festival of Books/UCLA Campus
1:00 -- 2:00 PM -- Panel, Details to come

From www.booktv.org:

Schedule Grid - Saturday, April 26

ET Programs

2:00 pm Featured Program: Los Angeles Times Festival of Books-Saturday coverage
7:00 pm Encore Booknotes: Program Pre-empted for coverage of Los Angeles Times Festival of Books
8:00 pm Public Lives: Program Pre-empted for coverage of Los Angeles Times Festival of Books
11:00 pm History on Book TV: Program Pre-empted for coverage of Los Angeles Times Festival of Books

Now, the 1-2 pm for Jasper's panel is presumably in LA time, which would be (I believe) 3 hours behind Eastern Time, which is what the Book TV schedule is in. So his panel would be at 4pm ET, which is during one of the time blocks in which they are covering the festival.

Now mind you, I imagine lots of things are happening at once at this festival, so they likely won't show Jasper. But I think I'll videotape that channel on that day, just in case.

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Re: Book TV
Posted by: skiffle (---.range217-44.btcentralplus.com)
Date: April 15, 2003 07:17PM

A channel called 'book TV' ? Cool !

Posted by: Magda (---.med.umich.edu)
Date: April 15, 2003 07:23PM

Well, they appear to only exist on the weekends, on a cable channel that otherwise carries other stuff.

Last time I came across it while channel surfing it was Patricia Cornwell talking about her theory as to the identity of Jack the Ripper. I'll have to look this weekend to figure out what channel it actually is.

Their website is here:
www.booktv.org

And looking at their site, I see that the channel it's on is "C-SPAN2" (a news channel) the rest of the week.

--------------
"I've often said that the difference between British and American SF TV series is that the British ones have three-dimensional characters and cardboard spaceships, while the Americans do it the other way around."
--Ross Smith

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: April 15, 2003 07:29PM

our book tv in our area broadcasts on C-span 2 on the weekends. So I'll have to make sure to watch for it. By the way, Jasper did a radio interview that will be ending up as streaming audio at:

[www.eyeonbooks.com]

So check it out. It should be there soon! There's a blurb for it now. And the publicist that was traveling with Jasper and Mari in DC said that's where it would be...probably by the end of the week or so.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.