New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

Nextian Chat :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
General Information 
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Jasper in Swindon
Posted by: CannibalRabbit (---.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: October 29, 2008 11:18AM

For once some good, interesting, useful news from the Swindon Advertiser.

While I was looking for something to join in the "Headline" thread I came across this: Jasper is appearing in the new Central Library on Thursday next - 6/11/08 at 7:30pm.

I am not claiming any credit for the puns, they all down to the Adver in Jasper books his place at library. If any of you can get there, enjoy.

Re: Jasper in Swindon
Posted by: gingergeoff (---.rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk)
Date: October 29, 2008 03:54PM

I'll be there!

But then, I live in Swindon!

Does anyone need me to get them tickets?

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.41.169.166.sub.mbb.three.co.uk)
Date: October 30, 2008 09:26AM

Hi gingergeoff. Have some pie. sweet and savoury are all mixed together because I dropped the tray. You can still tell them apart as some have a pastry "S" on their crust.

Thanks for the offer but mrs. SkidMarks & ! can't make it. Give Jasper our love.

Posted by: CannibalRabbit (---.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: October 31, 2008 11:51AM

Welcome gingergeoff - it's nice to find a fellow Swindonian. The pies are generally safe , but I would be careful around the Battenburg there have been some strange variation going around. One even had wasabi.

Posted by: ibborobb (194.203.72.---)
Date: November 05, 2008 12:45PM

Hi Gingergeoff, how did it go? - It was cold & wet outside, so I couldn't be bothered to get off the sofa and walk down the hill ... <hangs head in shame>

Posted by: gingergeoff (---.rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk)
Date: November 05, 2008 02:09PM

You haven't missed it, it's tomorrow evening.

I'm not sure if I'll be there myself, I have a spare ticket, but 'the wife' is not interested :-(

Posted by: CannibalRabbit (---.253-193-55.VIC.netspace.net.au)
Date: November 09, 2008 11:09AM

The Adver has just had a write-up of Jasper's visit to the "real" Swindon - here. It seems that the population are pretty much unaware of what has been happening in town - mammoth migrations, dodo cloning ....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.